Fermentation Chamber

After seeing Nighthawk link to the post/pictures of how to keep your brew cool enough during primary fermentation around 4 times in the last month, I finally went out and bought enough supplies to make 2 fermentation chambers, 1 for me and 1 for the future father-in-law. I’m about 3/4 through building them, has anyone built/used one before and have suggestions/tips?

http://olderascal.com/wp-content/upload ... hiller.pdf

I built the updated “Mother of Fermentation Chiller” and have been really happy with it. The key is to buy the proper foamboard adhesive. I am planning to add weather stripping to the inside of mine for better efficiency, but it has been working great just with a friction fit on the doors.

:cheers:

I just got done with my version of a fermenting chiller and it works great. I used a hardcore plywood for an exterior and lined the inside with a moisture barrier , 2’’ foam insulation also with moisture barrier built on it , foam glass adhesive, weather stripping, two computer fans ,and a thermostat. cost me about 35 bucks but i had a lot of the material on hand allready. I went a bit overboard on a few things but i can hold 55degrees for 3 days without changing ice.