Feedback on recipes (Tripel & EPA)

I’m planning to brew my first beers at home and I have made two recipes based on the conditions that i want to brew two different beers for a low cost, and therefore I’m planning to use yeast which is on sale (because it’s a bit old), quite few specialty malts, and the same hops for the two beers. The idea is to brew one Belgian Tripel, and one English Pale Ale (English IPA?). My question is if the recipes seem correct and if they will make a good result?

Tripel 20 liters:
2,5 kg pale ale malt
2 kg pilsner malt
1 kg wheat malt
500 g sugar
50 g saaz hops
50 g styrian (savjinski) golding hops
Belgian ale blend yeast WLP575 (on sale)
Protafloc and yeast nutritient

English Pale Ale 12 liters:
2,5 kg pale ale malt
200 g medium chrystal malt
50 g saaz hops
50 g styrian (savjinski) golding hops
Edinburgh scottish ale yeast WLP028 (on sale)
Protafloc and yeast nutritient

I’ve never heard of using wheat malt in a Tripel. Not to say it won’t be good. My limited experience with tripels is the simpler the better. My recent tripel was all Pilsner malt with just a bit of aromatic for aroma and flavor and a decent amount of sugar to really dry it out. It turned out great. Not saying that won’t make a good beer though

Well if you are going to make a Triple with older yeast I would make damn sure the stuff is able to perform because if it’s not you are going to throw some nasty stuff. Two things can happen if the yeast is not up to snuff, one is under attenuation and the other is hot solvent flavors. My suggestion is to make a really big starter and make sure to really control the fermentation temperature. Anyhow, good luck, hope if works out well. :smiley:

Lose the wheat in the tripel.