Favorite/Best commercial keggerator?

Greetings!

I am getting ready to purchase a keggerator and I was wondering if anyone has helpful hints on what to look for when shopping? Who are the better manufacturers?

Or a thread to send me to where this has been discussed before?

I’ve seen a few different manufacturers online and eBay - as well ones being sold at local big box “Home” stores. The issue w/ the two big box store versions is that they only come w/ 1 tap - I want two for two corny kegs… And the towers are plastic…

Thanks!

I don’t know if there is such a thing as “best”.

Much like the refrigerator/freezer market, they are probably made in 2 different factories and 6 different brands are placed on the door.

Have you thought about a chest freezer with the taps through a collar?

Haier and Danby are going to be two of the big names. They should both have metal towers.
Some standard commercial kegerators will fit 3 corneys and some will only fit two. If you want three faucets on your tower you can add a tower extention.

True manufacturing makes nice set ups. Made right here in MO.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]I don’t know if there is such a thing as “best”.

Much like the refrigerator/freezer market, they are probably made in 2 different factories and 6 different brands are placed on the door.

Have you thought about a chest freezer with the taps through a collar?[/quote]Nighthawk - maybe “best” isn’t the right word for me to have used… I guess what to look for in a “good” keggerator…

No I honestly haven’t thought about a chest freezer with the taps through a collar… Heading to youtube to search some do-it-yourselfers explaining how to do it… Something to think about! Thanks!

Oh My GOD! Yes they do! Checking them out! WARNERS’ STELLIAN here in MN carries them - Thanks!

http://www.true-residential.com/dual-zone/

I have two Summits. The first is doing “on deck” duty in the garage now since my second, an undercounter model, became part of the household furniture. They are made by Sanyo currently. Knock wood, they have been trouble free. I bought the first one used in 2004. Not sure how old it is.

Beverage Air has nice setups too but also like True, they’re pretty spendy.

My fridge 3 tap setup (with room for the fourth nitro tap setup coming soon) including the fridge and the kegs was about $350 and easy to put together.

I regularly suggest buying commercial-quality units, especially if buying used. True and Bev-Air are the two major players and made in the USA. There are a number of advantages over the basic consumer units that are sold at the big-box stores. If the budget only allows the big-box option, be sure that the one chosen can handle a full size 15.5 gallon sankey keg. That will also mean it can handle a few 5 gallon homebrew kegs.

With either setup you will probably want to replace the serving line immediately with 6-7ft of 3/16" beverage lines as the supplied lines are the bare minimum. You’ll also want to place 1/4" female flare fittings on the ends of the gas and serving lines to be able to screw on both commercial and homebrew adapters at will.