Father's Day brewing

Happy Father’s Day to all in the fathers club. Brewing today a Pilsner and a Patsbier what else.

I did two batches B2B yesterday. A Czech Pilsner and a Pre-Prohibition Lager. I hope my kids remember it’s Fathers Day. :smiley:

Just got done pitching a Kolsch. Thought about brewing again tomorrow but don’t have the starter/yeast ready…

I’ll be giving special Father’s Day tour at Oakshire in Eugene.

http://s794.photobucket.com/user/dennyconn/media/bus.jpg.html

No brewing this weekend for me. Possibly later next week. Will definitely sample some past batches today and maybe take a boat ride tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

chillin’ by the pool with a cold one…all day if i can pull it off…

I finally bottled my Helles…no brewing this weekend though.

Had a couple buddies over yesterday to check out a brew session…did an all-grain citra pale ale. They were amazed with the whole process and have much more respect when they pull a pint from the keezer. Figured I would get the brew done Saturday so I would be available today for whatever the family may have planned.

:cheers:

Getting ready to brew my house APA right now…

Just pitched the yeast into NBs Velvet Rooster.

Went golfing so didn’t have time to brew a new batch but I did transfer a batch. I had a Belgian style where I added a single dried Scorpion pepper to the brew with 30 minutes left. I have five gallons of hot sauce now! To salvage it, I boiled up another gallon of wort to dilute it some and pitted/froze six lbs of cherries. Put them in the six gal carboy and racked over to it. Hopefully they tame it down some.

Spent the day fighting with 25# grain in a 10-gallon mash tun. The stainless braid collapsed during the mash. Looked like I took a pliers to it and crimped it completely flat. Only a trickle of first runnings came out when I opened the valve. I ended up removing almost all of the mash from the tun twice (thought I had it fixed enough the first time), slightly scalding my arm as I removed the crushed braid, rounding it enough to somewhat hold its shape, double sparging, and three hours later start the boil. I think the kids learned some new words. :shock:

These things only seem to happen with a high-gravity batch. I think I’m going to try installing a stainless braid INSIDE of a bazooka tube to keep this from happening in the future. :lol:

No brewing for me on Father’s Day. Instead, I put the finishing touches on a 15 gallon brew cart I built for my son in celebration of his wedding next weekend. Details and pics to follow after the wedding.

Didn’t brew on Father’s Day, just relaxed and had a couple homebrews. Bottled an Alt and a California Common the day before. Brewing Oktoberfest this coming weekend.

I also didn’t brew on Father’s Day, but I put together a new mash tun thanks to a gift from the kiddos! :cheers: