Extra Pale Ale

My extra Pale Ale has been in primary for 19 days. When I took a reading this morning, it went down 3 percentage points. I do not have a carboy, should I bottle this weekend? Or let stand another week in primary?

What do you mean 3 percentage points, were you using the potential alcohol scale on your hydrometer? Did you take a specific gravity reading? I’ts probably ready, but you need to know what your final gravity is(should be in the neighborhood of 1.011-1.014 assuming extract)…most people recommend taking a gravity reading and then another one a few days later, if the same, you’re good to go.

RDWHAHB, Unless your in a hurry it usually won’t hurt to give it some extra time in the primary. GIves the yeast a chance to clean up.

19 days is plenty of time in primary, I’d bottle at this point. This is a 1.045 OG beer, it is generally done in 10 -14 days.

Get out that sanitizer and scrub some bottles because it sounds like that time.

RDWHAHB, Unless your in a hurry it usually won’t hurt to give it some extra time in the primary. GIves the yeast a chance to clean up.[/quote]

You’re right it wouldn’t hurt, but nearly 3 weeks in primary is plenty of time for a low gravity beer, it probably chewed throught the yeast in 2-3 days, and has had plenty of time to clean up, I’d bottle it up