Excel Template for Brewing

Anyone have an Excel template that they like and are willing to share for Brewing Recipes and their brew day for taking notes?

I’m looking for a free option, because I’d rather spend the money on beer ingredients!

Cheers,

Her’s a link to what you may be looking for. Read through the entire thread for all of the information available and use.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread. ... ight=excel

This is what I use and it is dead nuts accurate.

http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107231&p=1078015#p1078015

You can use any of the recipes on my web site under the recipes tab.

I use Greg’s spreadsheet and have tweaked it with some custom modifications specific to my process. I’m actually still slowly tweaking it but it’s a great spreadsheet which I highly recommend.

I’ve also added an SRM color generator to it which turns a cell to the projected beer color based on SRM. (Similar to how many recipe software programs generate a color sample.)

[quote=“JohnnyB”]I use Greg’s spreadsheet and have tweaked it with some custom modifications specific to my process. I’m actually still slowly tweaking it but it’s a great spreadsheet which I highly recommend.

I’ve added also added an SRM color generator to it which turns a cell to the projected beer color based on SRM. (Similar to how many recipe software programs generate a color sample.)[/quote]I like the idea of the color generator.

It requires a pretty simple macro on the recipe worksheet, and one additional lookup worksheet with RGB values for SRM.

If you (or anyone else) is interested, I can isolate the lookup worksheet and macro and host it on something like file dropper. If you know a little bit about macros you could easily add it to your own spreadsheet.

Or actually I’ll just post the macro here, and then if anyone wants I’ll put the RGB lookup sheet on filedropper. That way you don’t need to trust a macro-enabled spreadsheet download.

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()

Cells(22, "N").Interior.Color = _
 RGB(ThisWorkbook.Sheets("rgb lookup").Cells(1, "A").Value, ThisWorkbook.Sheets("rgb lookup").Cells(1, "B").Value, ThisWorkbook.Sheets("rgb lookup").Cells(1, "C").Value)

End Sub

Thanks guys these are great resources!

[quote=“JohnnyB”]It requires a pretty simple macro on the recipe worksheet, and one additional lookup worksheet with RGB values for SRM.

Or actually I’ll just post the macro here, and then if anyone wants I’ll put the RGB lookup sheet on filedropper. That way you don’t need to trust a macro-enabled spreadsheet download.

[/code][/quote]

I would be very interested in adding this to the spreadsheet.

thanks

tom

[quote=“millstone”][quote=“JohnnyB”]It requires a pretty simple macro on the recipe worksheet, and one additional lookup worksheet with RGB values for SRM.

[/code][/quote]

I would be very interested in adding this to the spreadsheet.

thanks

tom[/quote]Perhaps gregscsu would add it to EZBrew

I’ll put it out on a file sharing site sometime in the next couple of days. Anyone is welcome to use it for whatever they want.

I got the SRM to RGB lookup table somewhere out on the web. I should probably try to figure out where I got those values so that I can credit the source properly.

I made a simple 2 worksheet SRM color generator and hosted it here.

http://www.filedropper.com/srmcolorgenerator

After you download it, right click on the sheet named “srm”, select “View Code”, and paste in the following code:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()

Cells(2, "B").Interior.Color = _
 RGB(ThisWorkbook.Sheets("rgb lookup").Cells(1, "A").Value, ThisWorkbook.Sheets("rgb lookup").Cells(1, "B").Value, ThisWorkbook.Sheets("rgb lookup").Cells(1, "C").Value)

End Sub

Then save it as a macro enabled workbook.

Then fiddle with the numbers in cells B5 and C5 in the srm worksheet in order to change the color of cell B2.

Hey. I am new to the forum. I found this thread that you posted online last year. I was wondering if you might still have a current link to this excel spreadsheet or maybe a similar resource somewhere. It sounds to be exactly what I am looking for, but can’t seem to find it anywhere.

I can’t remember what that was and as you know the link no longer works. I now use the Brewers Friend recipe builder and keep all my brewing notes in a three ring binder. I don’t trust computers any more with my notes after the last Win 10 update. This is an example of the notes I keep. this is for the Midnight Wheaton Beatdown Porter which is still in the fermentor.

Scanner won’t give me a good copy today. Usually my scribbles aren’t viewed by anyone but me so I apologize for needing to squint. I keep my notes on the back of the recipe sheet.