Equipment recommendations

Looking at getting the 10-gallon Megapot 1.2 kettle (with thermometer) - but I’m unsure which wort chiller to get. Suggestions :?:

I think sometimes the answer to that is dependent on your system characteristics and the styles your brew. I have a CFC primarily because i want to chill my full boils fast while using the whirlpool approach to hopping my IPAs. I also chose to use a CFC because i use a lot of hops and I didn’t want to risk clogging a plate chiller.

Oh…well I’m still brewing extract and thinking a 10-gallon kettle would be a good investment for my eventual move to all-grain. So this would be more of a move to full-volume boil for extract kits now…

I bought a cheap aluminum pot for my brew kettle, then outfitted it with a stainless steel ball valve and a thermometer. Mainly that was because cost was an object, and it allowed me to scale up to a full boil without spending too much money all at once.

If you can go straight to the 10-gallon MegaPot with all the bells and whistles, I say go for it. Otherwise, Amazon is your friend.

For a chiller, I went with NB’s stainless immersion chiller. I normally like to DIY, but bending all that copper seemed like a hassle. The chiller works great; I hook it up to my garden hose until the wort gets down to 100F or so, and then I recirculate ice water.

My vote is still for a cfc. I love my immersion chiller but the cfc is just so convenient for me.

CFC rocks because you chill WHILE you transfer making it a real time saver and super efficient.

Well since you’re rich, just get a plate chiller. If you’re blowing most of your load on a megapot, there is some diesel parts website that has beer plate chillers for cheaper than the Shirron model.

Well since you’re rich, just get a plate chiller. If you’re blowing most of your load on a megapot, there is some diesel parts website that has beer plate chillers for cheaper than the Shirron model.[/quote]Here it is: Duda Diesel Plate Chillers