Early bottling

Hey everyone so I bought the Deluxe brew kit and the instructions said to let it ferment for two weeks and then bottle. I wrote the wrong day on my calendar and accidentally bottled a day early. Will the beer still turn out okay?

Your beer may be fine. However the issue is not the day early of bottling but bottling without knowing if the fermentation is complete. Yeast cannot tell time or use a calendar, obviously. Instead they “eat” fermentables until there is nothing left for them to eat then they get bored and eat whatever else they can find until going dormant. The only way to tell if they are done is by taking two gravity readings at least 3 day apart and for those reading to not change. So in the future I would suggest you get a hydrometer or wait at least 4 weeks before bottling to insure completion.

1 Like

Probably won’t make a difference but you really need a hydrometer. Why these brew kits don’t include them I do not understand. It is an inexpensive tool that you can use to check the progress of your beer.

Tell us as much as possible about what you brewed. If it was a kit from NB we can get the instructions with the ingredients. Fermentation temps are very helpful and yeast strain.

Here is a link to a post about hydrometers Hydrometers You need one, here is how to use one

It is the Hefeweizen I believe, that was one of the four you can pick when buying the kit.

I took a look at the instruction sheet for your kit and the expected OG (original gravity) is 1.049 but don’t worry about that at this point. You will learn about gravity readings and it’s not that complicated. That is a middle of the road beer that should turn out around 5% ABV (alcohol by volume) and if you chose the default dry yeast, it shouldn’t have had much problem fermenting your beer. Bigger beers, meaning higher OG and ending with higher ABV are harder for the yeast to chew through.

So long story short, just give your beer a couple of weeks or more in the bottles and try one. Let us know how it turned out.