Dutch Pilsner/Brands Up Anyone?

Looking for a Dutch Pilsner in the area of Brand Brewing, Brands Up. From the Limburg Province in South of Netherlands. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

I think this would be your average Euro-lager. I would use continental pils malt with 10-20% flaked maize. Hallertau hops to 25 IBU. Try a clean, crisp lager yeast like 2042 Danish lager. I have never made this beer, or used this yeast, but it fits the flavor profile of what I read on several beer sites.

I remember drinking this beer a few times in college, but I have not had it in many years. I do not remember anything special about it except the bottle was ceramic. I think this is the same beer.

[quote=“SA Brew”]I think this would be your average Euro-lager. I would use continental pils malt with 10-20% flaked maize. Hallertau hops to 25 IBU. Try a clean, crisp lager yeast like 2042 Danish lager. I have never made this beer, or used this yeast, but it fits the flavor profile of what I read on several beer sites.

I remember drinking this beer a few times in college, but I have not had it in many years. I do not remember anything special about it except the bottle was ceramic. I think this is the same beer.[/quote]
Thanks, SA Brew. Sounds pretty good. Yeah, it was in a ceramic bottle (white I think). But, I drank it only in the Netherlands when I was there for 5 years with the Army back in the 1980s. I recall seeing some of these ceramic bottles in their novelty packs. But, I was told the company quit exporting them sometime around 1986.

[quote=“jennysarno999”]

Maybe it’s the warmer weather, but I’ve been on a heck of a pilsner kick lately.
Saying that, it won’t be a surprise to you that this week’s Import Review is another pilsner, Peter’s Brand Pilsner beer from Union Export Brewery in the Netherlands.
I know nothing about this brewery, and picked up the 16-ounce can at Trader Joe’s in Framingham for $1 for a can, so it was worth taking a chance on.
It certainly looks like your classic German pilnser, fizzy, yellow and clear.
It smells a little doughy, with a little green apple in the background.
It tastes just OK. Certainly not a stand out, but definitely not not bad. It’s light tasting, with a slight hoppy bite to it. I’d drink it again, but it’s not the kind of beer that I would go out of my way to seek out.
Overall, if you happen to see it in the store, and you want something cheap, but not bad, it’s worth the purchase. Great for cookouts.[/quote]
Thanks Jenny for the info. Yeah, I think I’m more or less nostaulgically attached to the Brand beer. Very surprised that you found a can here in America. I’ll have to investigate that. Fortunately, Trader Joe’s is coming to Asheville NC, where I live. They are building it now. Does that store typically have a decent selection of imported beer?

[quote=“jennysarno999”]

Maybe it’s the warmer weather, but I’ve been on a heck of a pilsner kick lately.
Saying that, it won’t be a surprise to you that this week’s Import Review is another pilsner, Peter’s Brand Pilsner beer from Union Export Brewery in the Netherlands.
I know nothing about this brewery, and picked up the 16-ounce can at Trader Joe’s in Framingham for $1 for a can, so it was worth taking a chance on.
It tastes just OK. Certainly not a stand out, but definitely not not bad. It’s light tasting, with a slight hoppy bite to it. I’d drink it again, but it’s not the kind of beer that I would go out of my way to seek out.
Overall, if you happen to see it in the store, and you want something cheap, but not bad, it’s worth the purchase. Great for cookouts.[/quote]
Jenny, where can I view this Import Review about Brand beer?

[quote=“monk-e-business”][quote=“jennysarno999”]

Thanks Jenny for the info. Yeah, I think I’m more or less nostaulgically attached to the Brand beer. Very surprised that you found a can here in America. I’ll have to investigate that. Fortunately, Trader Joe’s is coming to Asheville NC, where I live. They are building it now. Does that store typically have a decent selection of imported beer?[/quote]
Brand Pilsener and Brand UP aren’t the same beer. The ordinary Pilsener is nothing special, but Brand UP (or Urtyp Pils) is much better. I beleive it’s all malt and analyses I’ve seen give the IBU as 30 to 35.