Dundee Fall Seasonal 12 Pack

I’m very happy with this mix pack. Includes four different beers, three of each. Their standard american IPA, an english bitter, porter, and a northern english brown. All were quite good. I’m definitely impressed given the price – $10.99 for a 12 pack of bottles.

Can’t say any were particularly disappointing. The IPA may have been a bit lacking in bitterness, but it did have a real nice hop flavor, and the porter may have been a bit lacking in body… but porters are supposed to be lighter than stouts so I’m really not positive. I dare say each is an excellent example of the classic beer style they are attempting to represent.

Way better than similar mix packs from Sam Adams, Magic Hat, Long Trail, Rock Art and Smuttynose (all of which are more $$).

I’ve always been a fan of Dundee’s Honey Brown so I picked this mix pack up last week. I agree with your observations, IPA not bitter but flavorfull, Bitter pretty good, Nut Brown very good and my favorite of the pack. I did not care for the Porter, as you said it did not have the body and I like my porters to be robust. All in all, a great value!

Good stuff, judging from the ones I’ve tasted thus far.
I only wish that they’d have skipped that “natural hazelnut flavor” added to the Nut Brown Ale. At least they were subtle with it, but I think that it would be a better brew without it. It really doesn’t need such gimmickry.
Just my opinion though…many will certainly disagree.
And that’s ok.
:cheers:

[quote=“The Professor”]Good stuff, judging from the ones I’ve tasted thus far.
I only wish that they’d have skipped that “natural hazelnut flavor” added to the Nut Brown Ale. At least they were subtle with it, but I think that it would be a better brew without it. It really doesn’t need such gimmickry.
Just my opinion though…many will certainly disagree.
And that’s ok.
:cheers: [/quote]

I didn’t taste that at all. As Mr. Horse from Ren and Stimpy said, the Nut Brown was definitely my fav. Reminded me a lot of Newcastle which, for me, when served at its best, can’t be beat as far as brown ales go.

Glad others enjoyed the mix pack. Like I said, nothing absolutely mind blowing, but a few really good bears at a great value. Definitely better than the sam adams mix pack I picked up the week after.

Don’t know how to quote in the new forum, but thanks Alanzo. I’m glad someone else remembers Ren & Stimpy.

:smiley:
“No Sir, I don’t like it.”

FYI, you can change back to the old design in your account preferences. I still run the design from a few years ago.

Much Thanks!