Duck Duck Gose Problem?

So this is what happened during the 3 days of souring my Duck Duck Gose at room temperature. I have never made a sour beer before. Is this normal for the souring process or do I have a serious problem? If I have a problem, is there any way to save the batch?

Thank you!

Don’t see what your showing us. Check the pH or taste it. Is it sour enough. Usually you keep the temperature about 90+ overnight. 3 days at room temperature is unusual for the lacto I use (good belly) Does It smell right.

What in the name of good beer do you have floating? Petals from some flowers? Is that for boquet? …
Sneezles61

I am wondering of the white things floating on top are a problem. It is definitely sour but since I have never made a sour beer, I don’t really know what the “right” smell or taste is. The instructions did not say to keep is warm, so I let it go to room temperature.

The white things are not something I added. They grew on their own and they are definitely not flower petals! Looks like some type of mold to me.

I figured… Was clowning around… Brew Cat would know… If Porkchop would ever come back… He was another sour brew go to guy… Hope he didn’t follow Flars?
Sneezles61

Shouldn’t be a pellicle with a kettle sour…

Well scoop them out and go to the boil. It will kill everything in their. If it were bad it would probably smell bad. Post the directions I’m curious. Like I said lacto likes body temperature. 12-24 hours

Thanks Guys and Cats! Now that I read more carefully, the instructions say to cool the wort to 75 - 95 and pitch the lactobacillus. Then, let the wort and lactobacillus rest at the same temperature in the kettle for up to 3 days. OOPS! I will proceed and hope for the best. Thanks, again!