Dry Irish Stout Extract Kit - 5 Stars

I am a 1.5 year extract brewer, about 30 kits under my belt before the transition to all grain. I am very happy with my all grain results, but of all the kits I made the “Dry Irish Stout” kit is amazing. I came back for an extract kit of it this summer due to no brew time on the weekends until fall/winter/spring and just poured the first one from my keg. This kit gets you extremely close to a Guinness and I actually prefer it to Guinness due to the CO2 bringing out more dry flavors and a little tingle on the tongue. Love it, thanks NB!

One of my favorites. Yeast handling, fermentation temperature, and time in the primary can make a much better tasting beer than what Guinness is.

I just bottled my first batch. Have not tried it yet. Can’t wait!

Has anybody tweaked this one? Maybe add a half pound of crystal or a bit of dry extract?

I cannot imagine Crystal adding any flavor you’d want to be in this beer. I’d consider tinkering with a small amount of coffee/chocolate/vanilla. It’s so good the way it is.

Re: Dry Irish Stout Extract Kit - 5 Stars
I cannot imagine Crystal adding any flavor you’d want to be in this beer. I’d consider tinkering with a small amount of coffee/chocolate/vanilla. It’s so good the way it is.

Thanks for the thought and suggestions. We’ve begun drinking it, and it’s wonderful as is!