Dry hopping in the keg?

I just recently brewed a APA and I am thinking about dry hopping in the keg. Can anybody give me some pointers on it or am I better off just throwing them in the carboy and then after 5 or 6 days rack to the keg?

I put my hops in a bag then tie a piece of teflon tape to the bag and put that through the lid. The teflon tape will lay flat so you should get a nice seal. I usually put some extra lube around the tape just in case. Sanitize the tape first though. I also heard of people using floss too.

$.99 panty hose from Walgreens.

Ebbs, do you mean the tape used for pipe threads? Interesting.

I’ve tried string and couldn’t seem to get a seal.

Maybe the flat dental floss would be good.

You can also use spice balls, kind of mutant size tea balls. The idea for string, dental floss and Teflon tape (a good idea new to me) is to prevent the hops or the bag they are in to be sucked into the dip tube. The spice balls will work with pellet hops to contain most of it.

I had a mesh bag sucked into and clog a dip tube. The fix was to connect the CO2 to a liquid fitting and blow it back into the keg.

[quote=“Nighthawk”]$.99 panty hose from Walgreens.

Ebbs, do you mean the tape used for pipe threads? Interesting.

I’ve tried string and couldn’t seem to get a seal.

Maybe the flat dental floss would be good.[/quote]

Yes, pipe thread tape. I usually have my bag suspended about 12" so its not on the beer for too long. I love the panty hose idea, way cheaper then a hop bag from NB.

Leaf Hops in a nylon bag. Leave it at cellar temps for at least a week.
No teflon tape or dental floss needed.
Tea balls are ok for pellets but they only hold a tiny little bit of hops, don’t allow for good saturation, and in a worst case, they can open up.

[quote=“Wahoo”]Leaf Hops in a nylon bag. Leave it at cellar temps for at least a week.
No teflon tape or dental floss needed.
Tea balls are ok for pellets but they only hold a tiny little bit of hops, don’t allow for good saturation, and in a worst case, they can open up.[/quote]

+1. Agree with all of this ^^^