Draft Box Build

Hi all,
Long time lurker first time poster. Just got the boss at work to ok a few improvements to our lounge. A while back I found a complete build where a man built a fridge out of studs, MDF or Melamine and sheet insulation with cannibalized fridge cooling into his own under counter draft box. Our bar at the office has an odd dimension and I feel like building one might be easier than trying to find one that will fit just right. Anyway, I have been searching for the past few days all over and cant find it or another like it. Any idea where we can find anything like what I am describing? I think I could figure it out but since this will be a high visibility project, I don’t want to miss a beat.

Thanks for the help, and before I get it, we are a USAF flying squadron, the largest one in the inventory, so yes we drink at work, but only after and only on Fridays, and the taxpayers don’t pay for it, we do.

[quote=“ShallowGrave”]Hi all,
Long time lurker first time poster. Just got the boss at work to ok a few improvements to our lounge. A while back I found a complete build where a man built a fridge out of studs, MDF or Melamine and sheet insulation with cannibalized fridge cooling into his own under counter draft box. Our bar at the office has an odd dimension and I feel like building one might be easier than trying to find one that will fit just right. Anyway, I have been searching for the past few days all over and cant find it or another like it. Any idea where we can find anything like what I am describing? I think I could figure it out but since this will be a high visibility project, I don’t want to miss a beat.

Thanks for the help, and before I get it, we are a USAF flying squadron, the largest one in the inventory, so yes we drink at work, but only after and only on Fridays, and the taxpayers don’t pay for it, we do.[/quote]

Howdy!
Ex U S A F here, 31st., 35th.,37th., and 52 TFW alumnus.
Jet Engine Mechanic.

No help for ya’, but I do remember a build of the type you are speaking of.

P M “Shadetree” on here, as I think he mentioned building a “walk in” cooler, that might give you some guidelines.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for all you do.

You can have a beer on my taxpayer dollar ANY Friday, Brother! :cheers:

Did Bryon Adams give any of the specifics about his in the Brewing TV episode where he was showing his cooler?

Appreciate it gents, its just odd, running into the class six or sams club and loading up on beer. Most want an invite to the party but we get a few comments about misuse of funding. Then having to explain I buy beer for a few hundered, our squadron is as big as some groups in the AF. Take care and have a great weekend.