Does this look ok?

Made this 1 gallon batch 9/18 of last year. Racked it 10/24. There is very faint oily spots floating on the top. I don’t see any funky looking things. Does this look like anything concerning? Have not tasted it yet. Tired of topping off the air lock. Was going to get a few bottles clean, filled, and corked. Hard to see maybe. Just to add this has not changed appearance for quite some time.

Mead?

It’s in the mead thread so I am assuming.

Might as well bottle it and move on to a new fermentation. 1 gallon is a small amount and you aren’t really gaining anything from batch aging such a small amount, IMO. Aging in 1 liter bottles would have yielded a similar result.

To be honest I got lazy and forgot about it for quite some time. I wasn’t planning to leave it sit that long. I’m tired of moving it around the brew cave and topping off the airlock now though. I didn’t want to waste time bottling if it was something funky. I’l have to taste and bottle if nothing off.

Mead gets better with age im sure its fine. I put an air lock in fill it then prick a balloon and put it over that and the liquid doesn’t evaporate

2 Likes

Practicing safe…fermentation:grinning:

2 Likes