Do I add yeast to lager for bottling?

Have Andygator lager. OG of 1.084, FG 1.022. After fermentation and diactal rest, racked to secondary @38* for 8 weeks.

Im about to bottle, have “Lallemand CBC-1 yeast for bottle conditioning” and am wondering how much I use. Do I add an amount to the bucket when I add priming sugar or do I add a few grains to each bottle?

Thanks for the input.

I would add a half pack (I believe yours is a dry yeast?) to the bottling bucket and rack on top of it, any more and you will have a lot of sediment in your bottles.

Thanks…since it is a dry yeast. do you see a problem with it mixing evenly in the bucket? ie, some bottles getting more/less of the yeast.

After a month in a secondary, should this be conditioned at room temp?

I picked up a packet of this yeast this weekend. The guy at the shop told me to add it approx 20 minutes prior to adding the priming sugar and give it a deep stir.

I think it’s relatively new. I can’t find any friends who have first hand experience with it.

I mean the reality is there is probably still plenty of yeast left in the beer, even after this much conditioning. I’ve had beer that bottle conditioned fine after 3 months in a primary with everything dropped out. If you are worried about it though, just rehydrate your half packet before adding to the bottling bucket.

To the 2nd poster, I think the reason your LHBS recommended that is so the yeast would blossom/rehydrate in the beer and it would alleviate the OP’s concern about not getting equal amounts in each bottle, which seems to make sense. Either way would work fine, neither is probably necessary, but neither would hurt the beer in any meaningful way either. Man I hate having to use the word ‘neither’.

[quote=“KERLINR”]Have Andygator lager. OG of 1.084, FG 1.022. After fermentation and diactal rest, racked to secondary @38* for 8 weeks.

Im about to bottle, have “Lallemand CBC-1 yeast for bottle conditioning” and am wondering how much I use. Do I add an amount to the bucket when I add priming sugar or do I add a few grains to each bottle?

Thanks for the input.[/quote]

What yeast did you ferment with?
I bottled a blonde lager three weeks ago that is carbing fine after three weeks in primary at 50 and nine weeks in secondary at 36. I used 34/70. It’s carbing a bit slower than the American hefe I bottled two weeks ago after three weeks in primary at 64.

I used a mixture of wl-german lager and wyeast bohemian lager. I keep getting a differ of opinion on how and how much to add of the cbc-1 yeast. Some say dont rehydarate/ so say do. I’ve add "add a tiny amount to each bottle.

Does anyone have experience here?

When I re-yeast, I rehydrate 1-2 grams in 50 mL of warm, sterile water, then add 1mL to each 12-oz bottle with a pipette.