DIY Wort Chiller

Has anyone done a do it yourself wort chiller? If so how did it work out for you and about how much copper or stainless did you use?
Thanks

That was the first thing I made. I used 50’ of 3/8 copper.

I made it about 15 yrs ago, prices have gone up since then.

Still using it, though. I went with a female garden hose on the inlet and male on the outlet.

I made a few. My first was an immersion chiller 25’ and my second was a CFC about 12’ long. Both worked great and I finally sold them both and bought two ChillZillas for the ultimate in speed chilling.

I made one out of 3/8 OD copper x 35’ with flared fittings (I’ve had bad experiences in the past with compression fittings) and hose barbs screwed into the ends. Wrapped it around a soda keg and used a bending tool to get the proper bends in both ends. I did end up with one minor kink in the tubing, but it works great. Should note that I had the flare tool and bending tool on hand in my shop already. If I hadn’t, it probably would not have been cost effective to buy these tools. My well water is very cold and it only takes 10 to 15 minutes to get the temps down to the pitching range.