DIY vs AG Kit

I have two questions:

1. So the inline nylon valve works just as good as the stainless steel ball valve? There are not any risks with using this instead of the heavy duty ss valve?

2. In you picture, you show that there are actually 3 clamps on the outside of the mash tun. What is the reason for the 2 clamps after the valve?

thanks

I have used a SS braided hose in the mash tun, currently, I am using a FB in a converted keg. Both work great! I am a ‘batch sparger’.

I agree with the above and denny, if your at or below 5 gal do BIAB, if you want to do some bigger beers denny’s cheap and easy slap together is what I have been using for about 7 years now. It is so easy and quick.

I’ve been brewing all-grain for a few batches now, I’ve been doing what I call “modified BIAB” which is basically what Stormybrew did on the first page of the thread. I used my bottling bucket and and a nylon BIA bag. The difference is, instead of mashing the whole volume, I mashed at roughly 1.25 qt/lb, and then vorlaufed and sparged as normal.
I’ve been building a permanent (for now) tun, I have the 48QT rectangular cooler, and I built a manifold. I guess the braid would have been easier, but I’ve never done things the easy way.