DIY stir plate w/pics

I decided to take on a small project. After seeing some homemade yeast starter stir plate projects. Most components on hand, with a small stop into radio shack.

Masheriff

Very nice! Looks professional!

:cheers:

Nice an simple. Any plans to add variable speed?

I forgot to mention that I used a radio shack ac adaptor that goes from 1.5 volts up to 12 in increments. Perfect variable speed!

MaSheriff

Nice work! I built one too a little while back, looks very similar. I ended up using a 12V adapter with a plug so i could use the adapter for something else (it is getting dual use with the rotary tool i used to mill out the enclosure.) I ended up using a volume control switch (potentiometer) and a voltage regulator but the variable voltage plug should work great!

I used a 120V fan that looks like the one in your picture with a plain ole dimmer switch- works great. Made a cabinet out of wood with a thin plywood top. Not as pro looking as yours but it serves the purpose.

Nice!

As I have no abilities to put things together successfully I had to purchase mine. :shock:

Definitely gives you more room in your box than I have in both of mine. But, I also added multiple stages of variable speed.
[attachment=0]Stir-1.jpg[/attachment]

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”]Definitely gives you more room in your box than I have in both of mine. But, I also added multiple stages of variable speed.
[attachment=0]Stir-1.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

Whatever works! I respect all DIY projects.

Masheriff

Its great to see how everyone has a different design on these DIY projects.
Here is mine.

[quote=“deadeye1”]Its great to see how everyone has a different design on these DIY projects.
Here is mine. [/quote]
I agree. I love projects that can be done a number of ways. Always interesting to see the different designs.

[quote=“deadeye1”]Its great to see how everyone has a different design on these DIY projects.
Here is mine.

[/quote]

Nice design! I could not find a suitable enclosure around the house, had to shell out $8.99 at radio shack, lol. It looks like you have 3 hard drive earth magnets on yours, powerhouse!

MaSheriff

Yeah I ended up replacing those with button Neo magnets for larger batches.

Can anyone tell me why my pictures come out cut off like that?

I am Brewing a pliny the elder clone. Going to fire the stir plate up.