Disappearing text

Anyone know what keystroke combination I might be hitting that deletes my entire post? I will have a post, sometimes with a few paragraphs typed up the poof, whatever I hit deletes it all.

Also something I hit brings up “your post is similar to” in the preview pane. Kind of annoying but that I can deal with.

Are you typing from a device? I only get the “your post is similar” on my iPad. On a touch device these errors are usually because I’m touching it somewhere else. In this day and age you have to be careful about touching.

3 Likes

On my Dell notebook. Full size keyboard. I find trying to enter text on small devices difficult with fat thumbs. On my phone the backspace key is the most used.

I would clear your browser cache and restart. That is the computer equivalent of Starsan

I’m finding lots of interesting results from accidental key combos on my new Mac…especially typing in the dark

I bought a little goose neck LED light that powers off a USB port. I can type slowly but can’t find symbols and stuff. It helps me hunt and peck.

Yea my wife has one of those and loves it. I actually learned to touch type in 5th grade. A whole year of typing class thatnks to my crazy 5th grade teacher. There’s just a learning curve on the mac for me with the shortcuts and key combos…the little weird symbols on a few of the keys…I thougght maybe it was an arabic keyboard for a second…haha

I have a buddy who works in cyber-security in a server vault. They have their favorite keyboards made with nothing printed on the keys. Partly for security reasons (typing cannot be as easily spied) but mostly just to be badass.

My last job at Verizon was working on company computers, phones blah blah blah.

One of the other guys got a trouble that a woman’s keyboard was fine when she was sitting but the f&r where reversed when she stood up. Turned out that she only looked at the keyboard while standing because she learned sitting and some smart ass swapped the caps.

2 Likes

Swapping the m and n is the classic prank. Almost no one sees it unless they’re looking for it.

With the throw away keyboards now days it’s not so easy to swap them. We did find that if something got spilled on them and wasn’t on them too long we could actually run water over them, let them dry and many times they were OK.