Deschutes Red Chair Clone?

Anyone have any Ideas on this one? They list the nuts and bolts on the deschutes website, but honestly im not great at that sorta thing.

I didn’t look at the ingredients, but listen to the brewing network’s cybi shows where they clone the pale ale and porter with help from the brewer.

Commercial breweries rarely stray far from familiar ingredients and processes, especially established ones with mainstay beers.

I make this regularly and this is the recipe I tweaked over the years to get it very close. We like this beer a lot.

Greg’s recipe is a good one! I use that grain bill for my house IPA, with a rotating cast of different hops. It’s a winner. The first time I brewed it, I did a side-by-side test with the commercial version, and it’s really close. My hop character was more subdued, but I think I had to make some substitutions so I knew it wouldn’t be exact.

Thanks again, Greg! :cheers:

are all of the 0 min hops flameout additions or dry hop?

[quote=“Hoppenheimer”]are all of the 0 min hops flameout additions or dry hop?[/quote]read the hop addition notes above. 6th is at flameout, 7th and 8th are DH in secondary, 9th is DH in keg.

And what if you do not keg? Would you recommend skipping the last addition or adding it to the dry hop?

[quote=“pulfson”]And what if you do not keg? Would you recommend skipping the last addition or adding it to the dry hop?[/quote]Skip it.