Deschutes Chasin' Freshies

Picked up a bomber of this at the store yesterday. Hopped predominately with wet Cascades. Super light in color (just pils and flaked oats). Nice firm bitterness, great flavor/aroma. Definitely would drink again. Looks like it’s only available from Oct-Dec.

I love Deschutes beers but its a long way from MI.

Had one of these about a week ago. It’s a very good beer. Deschutes is awesome

Wife and I went to Portland OR for our honeymoon. Stayed at McMenamin’s. Made a stop at Deschutes. Had an outstanding double IPA.

I keep hoping this one makes it to MO or KS, but so far no luck.

Deschutes brought their base camp to KC for a week back in Aug, and it a lot of fun. I hope they come back again next year.

Well crap. I was just at my favorite bottle shop to pick up a couple new Rogue bombers. Then when I got home, I saw on Facebook that they just got Freshies, Hop Trip, Jubelale and Dissident in. Hoping they have some left when rush hour is over.

I meant to come back and chime in. I was able to pick up five bombers the week before last. I absolutely LOVE this IPA. Loads of cascade flavor without a harsh bitterness that I find in many IPA’s from the west coast (although not typically in Deschutes beers).

Only Pilsner malt and flaked oats. Interesting. It works very well in this one.

According to their website, Bravo is the bittering charge.