Dehumidifier for Fermentation Chamber/Freezer

I was reading online about the moisture and possible mold from the moistuer in Frementaion Chambers using a freezer or fridge with temp control and somebody metioned a little device called a Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifier. It uses renewable selica and obsorbs the moisure. So I checked out Amazon and they had one on sale by Gurin for $9.95 normally $49.95 and qualifies for Free Prime Shipping. So for anyone interested here is the link. Gurin Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ANX1PAI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ANX1PAI&linkCode=as2&tag=dragonballz3000&linkId=4QQQ76FN5TFKI4UJ

Depending on the size of your chest freezer, you may want to pick up two. I’ve been running one with a cpu fan inside my freezer for a month. I popped it open today and saw obvious condensation and my dehumidifier needs to be recharged. Prior to that it was working fine.

Good to know, what size is you freezer?

8.8 cu ft

Very nice looking, Hades. I’m curious, how do you have the cpu fan set up? I’ve just been spraying with Star-san and wiping down periodically to take care of condensation, but I’m getting tired of the work. I think I’ll get a couple of those dehumidifiers and set up a fan myself…

Checked out units like that at midwayusa. Similar ones are designed for 50 cubic feet or less. 500 cubic feet is a stretch. When the heater quits the whole unit is worthless. Cans or boxes of desiccant that are refreshed in the oven or microwave seem like a better long term deal.

Very nice looking, Hades. I’m curious, how do you have the cpu fan set up? I’ve just been spraying with Star-san and wiping down periodically to take care of condensation, but I’m getting tired of the work. I think I’ll get a couple of those dehumidifiers and set up a fan myself…[/quote]
The fan is attached to the inside collar pointing diagonal toward the floor. It’s purpose is really just to move air to prevent warmer temps up top. I bought it on Amazon and it plugs into a standard outlet.

Very nice looking, Hades. I’m curious, how do you have the cpu fan set up? I’ve just been spraying with Star-san and wiping down periodically to take care of condensation, but I’m getting tired of the work. I think I’ll get a couple of those dehumidifiers and set up a fan myself…[/quote]
The fan is attached to the inside collar pointing diagonal toward the floor. It’s purpose is really just to move air to prevent warmer temps up top. I bought it on Amazon and it plugs into a standard outlet.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. :cheers: I’ll check it out.

Fan: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009OXDAWY/re … fub13BCTM2

I pretty much took all the ideas, including the build, fan and Eva Dry dehumidifier from here: http://billybrew.com/how-to-build-a-keezer

My ferm chamber is a large chest freezer and I have condensation issues right now as well. My garage is warm and the chamber is cool. I bought a thing of Damp Rid from Walmart and it seems to be getting rid of some of the condensation but not all.

Mine arrived in the mail today, will put it in probably tomorrow and let everyone know what happens.