Cream Ale recipe feedback please

Time to brew some summer/lawnmower beer. I’m thinking of the following for a Cream Ale recipe:

4lb. 2 Row
4lb. Pilsner
1.5lb. Flaked Maize
1lb. Honey Malt
.5lb Biscuit

1 oz. Chinook @ 60 min
1 oz. Cascade (homegrown) @ flame out

Pacman yeast.

Thoughts? I was also wondering if subbing a little 6 Row for some of the base malt might be appropriate for this style? I’ve never used 6 Row, but assume it is best for an adjunct/light lager style beer?

Lose the honey malt and maybe the biscuit. You want a cream ale ro be dry and crisp and honey malt runs counter to that. A little 6 row wouldn’t be at all out of place if you want to try it.

I did the cream ale kit from this site and it might be my most popular beer I’ve brewed yet among my friends.

Hey Denny,

Do you suggest losing the specialty grains because it would deviate from the style, or just too much going on?

Thanks

Never mind - you added to your post and answered the question.

[quote=“Haasfilm”]Hey Denny,

Do you suggest losing the specialty grains because it would deviate from the style, or just too much going on?

Thanks[/quote]

I just edited my original post to address this…a cream ale should be crisp and dry and adding honey malt will do the opposite. OTHO, if the OP isn’t really interested in keeping it like a cream ale, just ignore me!

Just ordered the NB Cream Ale extract. I cant wait, it sounds delicious!!! It will be here Friday!!