Corny Keg Spitting Foam

Turn the CO2 off to it. Purge the keg and let it sit overnight, purge it again and see how it pours. Keep purging until you get the level pour you want then turn the gas back on to 6 psi and see how you like the pour.

1 Like

just re-read your OP again. Are you saying you’ve had two batches in this particular keg and gotten foam from it both times?

I did have two batches in it. On a good note, I checked the tubes and saw no o-rings. I added the o-rings and boom, the beer poured out nicely. Everybody thanks for helping me troubleshoot the issue. Cheers!

2 Likes

Really surprised it didn’t leak without the o rings. What kind of kegs?

Glad it worked out! Neither the gas in dip tube nor the liquid out dip tube had an o-ring? I would have thought the CO2 would have leaked out as well.

1 Like

5 gallon corny Keg. Must of had it secured well.

Posts where snug as a bug in a rug! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sneezles61

The magic of carbonation. Once a while. Got a keg. With not enough carb. While the other once a fine. And i use the same system for the last 2 years. Muy strango

Glad you found the problem. It takes a while to get used to your system and get the bugs worked out. After that it will be smooth sailing. I will add that “set it and forget it” meaning keep the keg chilled, set the PSI at about 12lbs and leave it for a couple of weeks works best for most of us.

@wilcolandzaat - A rookie mistake, but like you said, “get the bugs out” and it will smooth sailing from their. I have it in my pseudo keezer chilling. Thanks again everybody for the support.

1 Like

huh…so much for my guess…I would have thought you’d have lost all your CO2 with those missing. Glad you got it worked out! Happy quaffing!

1 Like