Corn Sugar question?

I was looking at a all-grain recipe and it called for 1lb of corn sugar during the boil. Is this strictly to increase the ABV or does it add something?

It also lightens the body. What type of recipe is it?

It is the SH2B from NB, a bitter.

It calls for a London Ale yeast, I wanted to use a British ale yeast 1098 today scince I racking a beer off the yeast cake. Would it be acceptable to use it vs the London Ale or would/could you suggest a diffrent recipe?

That was a dumb question It is a btter so I am going to stick with the london ESB yeast 1698.

Still any good recipe’s for the British ale yeast 1098 ?

[quote=“Jon462”]That was a dumb question It is a btter so I am going to stick with the london ESB yeast 1698.

Still any good recipe’s for the British ale yeast 1098 ?[/quote]
Not a dumb question at all. 1098 would be perfectly fine in a bitter.

I should add: if you are looking for a great yeast for a bitter, I highly recommend 1469 West Yorkshire. I really like the esters produced by this yeast when fermented >68°F.

The LHB store was out of the london bitter, so they gave me a 1332 NW ale. Which do you reccomend, I bought the ingrdients for a nutty brown that called for the British ale yeast 1098 so I have that covered but I want this bitter to turn out. It is try try to get my father in law into Home Brewing.