Corn sugar or corn suryp

I am wondering if I can use corn suyrp instead or corn sugar for priming?

If so how would I measure it? If I used like 1 teaspoon or the suyrp do you
suppose it would be the same as 1 teaspoon of the corn sugar…Thanks

Hi pugman. You don’t want to use Corn Syrup because usually there is more to the syrup than just corn sugar. Read the ingredients. The ingredient Potassium Sorbate is a preservative that will impair the yeast’s ability to do it’s job.

I’d strongly recommend using Corn Sugar or even just Table Sugar for bottling. Measure the correct amount (multiple online resources tell you how much to use), bring water to a boil, turn off heat and mix in the sugar to let it dissolve. Then pour the sugar into your bottling bucket and rack the beer on top of it. The sugar will mix in.

Many people talk about how you have to use corn sugar but many well known brewers use table sugar with no issues.

Let us know how it goes!

You can use any sugar you want, but like learningmore said above, corn syrup probably contains preservatives and vanillin that you might not want in your cider. Personally I have used cane sugar and corn sugar with good results. I soon plan to try brown sugar and frozen apple concentrate for a couple batches I have that are almost ready to bottle. Anything will work, you just don’t want it simultaneously killing your yeast if you expect carbonation.