Coors Light Iced Tea

Tried a few sips of one last night. It wasn’t really what I was expecting. I thought it would have a very pronounced iced tea taste, but it was subtle. Although it didn’t have much of a beer taste either. It reminded me of watered down carbonated iced tea. The ladies seemed to like it though. Maybe that’s the demographic they’re going for?

Has anyone else tried it?

Never heard of it. I don’t understand why the macros don’t go the other way and make something substantial instead of all this crap like Miller Chill, B.L. Lime, and now this. I will give kudos to AB, albeit after the big sale, for their American Ale. I actually like it and it was definitely a step in the right direction.

I think it’s been out here in Canada for about a month or so.

They’re doing that too. CBA, Goose Island, Green Valley, etc.

I think it is an attempt to commercialize some invention in food science. Remember Diet Coke with lemon that tasted like a bottle of Pledge furniture cleaner? Then with lime? Those both tasted pretty bad. Keep trying the technology with other things… and you get beer with lime flavor. Then beer with lemon flavor. Eventually they’ll either get it working, or they’ll run out of stuff to try it in.

Yeah and in the meantime they’re further diluting the American taste for beer.

It’s really embarrassing that the general view of beer in this country is a “Larry The Cable Guy” looking dude holding a silver can in one hand and a lit bottle rocket in the other, sayin “Woo Hoo!! Y’all watch this!”

I don’t have a problem with Larry The Cable Guy at all. I just dislike that America views beer drinkers as such.

To the best of my knowledge, this and all of the so called “alcopops” i.e. smirnoff ice, mikes hard lemonade, etc. is marketed for teenagers to have an entry level into drinking. I read an article on that somewhere.

I think America is making a turn for better beer. Lots of kids I partied with in high school that drank Nady Ice and stuff are starting to get into Sierra Nevada and other great breweries. I just turned 21 and ordered a beer with my salad at this little restaurant and was surprised(pleasantly) to find that there wasnt a Budlight or Coors light on the menu. I think it depends on where you go, but I really think the American beer palate is becoming more sophisticated.

But I agree that there currently is this sort of Larry The Cable Guy stigma

[quote=“CDN Brew”]Tried a few sips of one last night. It wasn’t really what I was expecting. I thought it would have a very pronounced iced tea taste, but it was subtle. Although it didn’t have much of a beer taste either. It reminded me of watered down carbonated iced tea. The ladies seemed to like it though. Maybe that’s the demographic they’re going for?

Has anyone else tried it?[/quote]

“watered down and carbonated iced tea” Pretty much on par for Coors light, right?

[quote=“dobe12”]“watered down and carbonated iced tea” Pretty much on par for Coors light, right?[/quote]I heard that they are using second runnings from Coors Light to make the tea! :wink:

I’ll stick with Long Island iced tea.