Columbus or cascade

If you had to pick one of the 2 for a single hop variety which would it be?

Cascade

cascade

If it’s a good batch of Columbus, then I’d definitely take the Columbus. This is mainly because there are so many Cascade-driven commercial brews out there that I like to do something different. That, plus good Columbus is awesome :slight_smile:

Cascade

Yes, I’ll go with good old fashioned Cascades. I’m trying to save $ by buying only a couple varietys in bulk. The grower is out of amarillos leaving me to pick between Columbud or Cascade. I did once have an imperial IPA hopped with only Columbus. Was delish.

Cascade is pretty good, but then again so is Columbus. If you’re buying pounds, why not a pound of each?

I’m a big fan of Columbus

I like both but in a single hopped pale ale, Cascade for sure.

I like Columbus, but I would also choose Cascade.

That’s like asking who is your favorite child. Even if I had one, I wouldn’t say. Hops has feelings you know.

I did a single hop pale ale about six weeks ago using Columbus and, am enjoying it immensely.
I like both varieties, but based on the brew I’m currently enjoying, I’d go with the Columbus.

Of course, the best answer is to brew two batches, one with Cascades and one with Columbus. :mrgreen:

[quote=“The Professor”]I did a single hop pale ale about six weeks ago using Columbus and, am enjoying it immensely.
I like both varieties, but based on the brew I’m currently enjoying, I’d go with the Columbus.

Of course, the best answer is to brew two batches, one with Cascades and one with Columbus. :mrgreen: [/quote]

And a third one using both :smiley:

I’d pick Cascade over nearly any other hop in a single hop American style pale ale, IPA or amber unless I was specifically looking for a change-of-pace.

+1 That said, columbus would likely come in second if I couldn’t get cascade.

Made an IPA today and while looking over my hop choices, I thought about this thread and decided to go with both. :smiley: