Cold Brewing Coffee

I got one of these Zulay 1 Gallon Infusers to make cold brew coffee at work for my crew. I’m really impressed with the overall quality of the design. It gives my a lot of ideas for other ways to use one of these.
But to the point… I know nothing about making cold brew coffee. From what I’ve learned I need about 8 oz of coarsely ground coffee steeped in this from 12 to 24hours.
Any advice?

1 Like

A good read.

2 Likes

How i learned from my roaster and it works pretty good is make a batch of your favorite coffee in a French press at 10:1 or 12:1 overnight with cold water in the fridge then dilute it 50% at serving. Not sure why he makes it concentrated like that but it works for me in the small press i have to just add water after. Cold steeping doesn’t get bitter leaving it steeping longer like hot coffee so i wouldn’t worry about that. You could make 1 gallon of concentrate in your gadget then just let people dilute to their preference

1 Like

Ive tried making cold brew at 18:1 without dilution and it tasted week. But diluting to 18:1 seems better for so reason. May be some science involved but you probably just need to expieriment

1 Like

I do concentrate in a french press as well. Usually about a cup of coarse ground beans. Then I cut it roughly 50% with water when I drink it.

I find it works faster to leave it out overnight then put it in the fridge the next morning. Seems to take longer to finish if I put it in the fridge right away.

My wife doesn’t drink coffee so smaller amounts work for me. That looks like a great solution for a small office/business setting. Prepare it before leaving work and it’s ready for consumption the next day!

1 Like

I bought a bag of the Stone Coffee from that best coffee list. Smelled great when I ground it. Will have cold brew from it tomorrow.

Let me know how that goes.
We made a gallon batch using that Zulay Kitchen infuser and it turned ok so well. Even our shop coffee snob was impressed. We ground a fresh Italian Dark Roast and steeped it overnight. I’m converted.

1 Like

Check out https://oaklandcoffee.com/ , Billy Joe Armsrong’s , of Green Day, coffee company. The Father of All Dark Roasts makes a bold cold brew.

Finally got around to using the Stone Street coffee @squeegeethree. It makes a great cold brew!

1 Like

Excellent! I’m loving that cold brew coffee maker I posted in the beginning. The flavors of cold brew are really interesting