Cock Ale

Sorry guys, I’m flooding the forum today. I’ll back off for a bit after this one: has anyone or do you know anyone who has tried to brew the Cock Ale made with a full rooster? This recipe is real and hilarious and I feel like if I had a more expendable income/equipment I would be all for giving this a go.

Long thread on this from a few years back

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47598

That was entertaining.

[quote=“BrewingRover”]Long thread on this from a few years back

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47598[/quote]

all that reading and no cock ale was produced. In the near decade that has past since that thread, can we revive the question?

I think it’s apochryphal. Not to mention disgusting…

Why? Do you really think that someone is going to say, “Sure, I made it a bunch of times. It was great. Next time I will do a decoction mash and dry hop.”

cock ale?
NO.

hell…I’m not even particularly fond of spices or fruit in beer, let alone a raw, wine soaked chicken.

just…just
No

Cock ale…seems about as appealing as floating a turd in secondary…which I think is how they make BMC.

:cheers:

Floating a turd in the secondary is how Rogue brewed the ‘Voodoo Donut Bacon Maple Ale’

Why? I don’t get it man, gross. I’m pretty sure Charlie put that in his book for pure entertainment value, not so that someone would actually attempt it.

Regardless, I think someone should. If not just for sake of putting curiosity to rest.

Regardless, I think someone should. If not just for sake of putting curiosity to rest.[/quote]

Go right ahead…it’s one subject about which I have no curiosity.

curiosity killed the cat. or was that salmonella poisoning?

Regardless, I think someone should. If not just for sake of putting curiosity to rest.[/quote]

Go right ahead…it’s one subject about which I have no curiosity.[/quote]

Right!
Save that chicken for the stockpot.