CO2 20# tank to 5# tank

Hello,

I have been researching the paintball CO2 filling station system to fill my 5# tank from my 20# tank. I would like to do this:

1. without killing myself
  2. in a safe manner
  3. with the correct equipment.
  4. to save money
  5. convenience of a smaller vessel.

Am I forced to cobble together different adapters to make this happen? Does anyone make a pre-made affordable system off the shelf?

Has anyone had success doing this? if you got sites / pictures of your filler please post. And your upside down 20# tank procedure / harness would be nice too.

Thanks!

Personally I would not screw with this unless you had the kind of tank that draws the liquid from the bottom. I had the same idea when I started kegging and realized what a PIA it was going to be, and dangerous.

Can you do this without a compressor? How do you bleed the gas out of the receiving cylinder while it’s filling?

Yes if you turn the tank upside down you can fill according to whats posted around the web…basically you have to get a paintball co2 fill station and find parts to adapt to your other bottles. I might just say screw it and drill a hole in the side of the frige seems to be a trade off…

So it cost $3-4 more to fill a 20# verse a 5#. Just use the 5# in the fridge. You are not going to be filling it that often. 2, maybe 3 times a year?

If that is breaking your budge, you have other issues.

[quote=“tbilderback”]Hello,

I have been researching the paintball CO2 filling station system to fill my 5# tank from my 20# tank. I would like to do this:

1. without killing myself
  2. in a safe manner
  3. with the correct equipment.
  4. to save money
  5. convenience of a smaller vessel.

Am I forced to cobble together different adapters to make this happen? Does anyone make a pre-made affordable system off the shelf?

Has anyone had success doing this? if you got sites / pictures of your filler please post. And your upside down 20# tank procedure / harness would be nice too.

Thanks![/quote}

why not just pay the 15 buck to swap it?

Probably becausse he can get four 5# fills from one 20# tank?

so use the 20# for the majority, use your 5# for portable stuff. Rarely have to fill

so use the 20# for the majority, use your 5# for portable stuff. Rarely have to fill[/quote]That’s what I do. 5# in the keezer where they carb and clear. 5# in the fermenting room for transfers, ets. 20# next to the kegerator. It lasts about 2 years between fills.

so use the 20# for the majority, use your 5# for portable stuff. Rarely have to fill[/quote]That’s what I do. 5# in the keezer where they carb and clear. 5# in the fermenting room for transfers, ets. 20# next to the kegerator. It lasts about 2 years between fills.[/quote]

About the same here, use my 5 for small stuff and the 20 is on the kegerator, my 5 just went out after 2 years. my 20 has been going for almost 3 now

so use the 20# for the majority, use your 5# for portable stuff. Rarely have to fill[/quote]That’s what I do. 5# in the keezer where they carb and clear. 5# in the fermenting room for transfers, ets. 20# next to the kegerator. It lasts about 2 years between fills.[/quote]

I’m going on over 3 years on mine.