Cleaning hard water deposits on your glasses

Any ideas on cleaning deposits off glasses so the beer can foam?

You can wash them normally and then rinse with a course salt and hard water.

What about using a diluted vinegar solution?

I have had fair luck using Star San in diluted form as per instructions on the bottle. Also works well in the shower on hard water spots. It is a mild acid that does the sanitizing. I put some in a squirt bottle. Use it for spraying keg posts, Siphon tubes, etc. YMMV

Common old Bleach may work well also.

A friend had a yucky water well and all his dishes and glasses would get a nasty film over a period of time. Hard water, minerals, heavy iron so like a red rust, etc…
I think about once a month or so he would bleach all his stuff and they came out looking like new again, for awhile.

He finally got a new deeper well put in and got good water, but until then doing laundry at home all his whites like towels etc were pink or red LOL
Course clothes and important stuff he took to a laundry mat.

I use this stuff called Lemi Shine in my dishwasher. I never get water stains on my dishes or silverware, and I have a lot of iron and manganese in my well.

Of course, my beer glasses are special and I will only hand wash these. Gotta have your priorities…

[quote=“erockrph”]I use this stuff called Lemi Shine in my dishwasher. I never get water stains on my dishes or silverware, and I have a lot of iron and manganese in my well.

Of course, my beer glasses are special and I will only hand wash these. Gotta have your priorities…[/quote]

FYI, Lemi shine was rated highly in a recent issue of Consumer Reports for cleaning glassware.

+1 I have to do this every couple of months with my tea pot to clean off calcium deposits.