Clarification

So my beers are pretty damn awesome but I’d like to get my beer to be clearer.

I don’t bottle, straight to kegging. I always transfer to a secondary container and I am very careful during siphoning.

I do pretty much all ales if that matters…

Thanks in advance!

Cold crash if you can (as close to 32* as possible) and hit it will gelatin (best if done in fermenter). This should certainly help. If it doesn’t, check into your brewing process.

[quote=“jaredleeroth”]So my beers are pretty damn awesome but I’d like to get my beer to be clearer.

I don’t bottle, straight to kegging. I always transfer to a secondary container and I am very careful during siphoning.

I do pretty much all ales if that matters…

Thanks in advance![/quote]

I just kegged an Irish Red Ale a few days ago that is crytsal clear. I used irish moss last 10 minutes of the boil. Cold crashed for 48 hours at 36 degrees. Meant to add gelatin to the keg but forgot. Apparently didn’t need it. This keg has had it’s issues carbonating but you could read thru the beer.

edit: I also pour from my kettle through a double mesh strainer into the carboy. Helps aerate the wort as well.

Irish Moss or Whirfloc in the last ten minutes of the boil,

Whirlpool your wort with a spoon after it’s cooled down and prior to putting into primary fermentation vessel, then let it sit for 20 mins with the lid on your boiling kettle. Then siphon the wort into your primary from the side of your boiling kettle. This will leave most of the hot and cold break protiens and hop residue in a big pile in the center of your kettle. This definitely cuts down on the chill haze!

After you put it secondary for a couple of weeks and keg it, cold crash that keg for a week or two at 32 degrees before being tempted to drink it sooner. And you will experience crystal clear beer :cheers: