Citrade Pale Ale

My wife and I had our first baby back in April and I haven’t brewed anything since. Beautiful weather today so I finally broke the gear out and cranked out this hoppy pale ale to get me back in the groove. Smelled fantastic going into the fermenter.

Citrade Pale Ale

5.5 gallons
Amount Item Type % or IBU
9 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 85.71 %
1 lbs Munich Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 9.52 %
4.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 2.38 %
4.0 oz Victory Malt (25.0 SRM) Grain 2.38 %
0.50 oz Magnum [14.00 %] (60 min) Hops 22.2 IBU
1.00 oz Citra [14.40 %] (10 min) Hops 16.6 IBU
1.00 oz Cascade [6.20 %] (1 min) Hops 0.8 IBU
1.00 oz Citra [14.40 %] (1 min) Hops 2.0 IBU
2.00 oz Citra [14.40 %] (Dry Hop 10 days) Hops -
2.00 oz Cascade [6.20 %] (Dry Hop 10 days) Hops -
1 Pkgs California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) Yeast-Ale - 800ml starter

OG 1.057
IBU 42

Congrats on the birth of your child Lynux. I know it must feel good to brew up a batch after a long hiatus. Due to my work i have weeks to months that i simply cannot brew at all. I brewed a pale ale 3 weeks ago and before that it was june 15 ( a porter and an ipa). I then go crazy when i have a little slow time, just to stock up a little bit. I hope to brew next weekend and use some of the yeast from the pale ale (WY 1332 northwest ale at 1.047) for a little sumpin sumpin. Your recipe looks kick @ss! CHEERS AND BEERS FOR ALL!

Yeah - congrats to you, dad! I’ve really enjoyed having brew helpers since our sons were born. Some of my favorite pictures are of our little ones peering into carboys, helping me check the beer, and helping harvest hops. Enjoy your little one! :cheers:

Lynux, make that three cheers! Man O’ Family-Man, we’re talking big dryhopped here. Sounds delish.

I just brewed a Red Rye with the exact same hop bill with slightly different addition times. Magnum bittering, Citra and Cascade flavor and aroma although I’m holding off on the dryhopping for this one. Sounds tasty to me obviously!