Chocolate porter extract recipe

I’m new to formulating my own recipes, so I’m looking for feedback on this. I don’t want the chocolate to be overpowering, because I want to split this beer into a few different secondary fermenters and play around with other flavors I think would go well with the chocolate (chiles, maybe pomegranates, etc).
Anyway:

6 lbs light DME
Steeped:
1 lb pale chocolate malt
1/2 lb chocolate wheat malt
1/2 lb dark crystal malt

Hops
2 oz Kent Goldings (60 mins)
.5 oz Fuggles (10 mins)

And then some kind of British ale yeast, whatever my LHBS happens to have.

First time posting and really new to brewing, so be nice, but feedback is definitely appreciated.

Hey Perfectly. You get chocolate in porters with addition of Munich malt. Try this.
5.0 gallons (Full wort boil) – Extract with Grain recipe
OG 1.059, FG 1.015
30°SRM, 34 IBU, 5.7% ABV

6.0 lb. Light Liquid Malt Extract
1.0 lb. Maris Otter Pale Malt
1 lb. 2 oz. British Munich Malt 6°L
4 oz. British Black Patent Malt 525°L
10 oz. British Chocolate Malt 425°L
1 lb. 4 oz. British Crystal 55-60°L Malt
10 oz. Belgian Special B Malt
12 oz. Belgian Biscuit Malt
1.25 oz. Northern Brewer (flowers, 8.0% AA) boiled 60 min.
1.0 oz. Goldings (flowers, 5.7% AA) boiled 1 min.
Safale-05 Ale yeast, Wyeast 1056 Chico Ale or Wyeast 1028 London Ale Yeast - I suggest you keep it on the British side and use the 1028 liquid yeast.

Steep 1 lb. Maris Otter Pale Malt with the other malted grains listed above in 6.5 quarts of water heated to a strike temperature of 175°F. The mash should then stabilize at a temperature of about 155°F. Knock it down 3 degrees if you want more fermentables. Hold at that temperature for 45 minutes then strain and sparge the grains and collect the wort. (If you can’t boil a total volume of 6.5 gallons, boil it in a total boil volume of 3 gallons and after collecting the wort, top off the fermenter with room temperature water to a final volume of 5 gallons. Boiling a smaller volume in a smaller pot will allow you to cool the wort at the end of the process without using a wort chiller. Just place the boil pot into a sink of cold water and change out the water as it heats up. That will cool the wort temperature a little more slowly than using a wort chiller but it will get the job done. Just monitor the wort temperature with a sanitized thermometer.). I also only start the boil using a portion of the liquid malt extract (say 1 lb. of it). I then add the remaining liquid extract at the end of the 60 minute boil and waiting 10 minutes to sanitize it. To take a hydrometer reading to determine the Original Gravity (O.G.) of the wort, extract a sample of the wort with a sanitized Fermtech wine/beer thief (19” long) and I insert the hydrometer in it to measure the gravity instead of pouring the wort sample into a hydrometer jar. After measuring the gravity, dispose of the sample to prevent contamination of the batch. I also use a Fermtech Auto-Siphon to rack or transfer liquids from one container (fermenter) to another or during bottling (to which I attach a bottle filler). It’s easier to use than a racking cane to rack the liquids. Follow this and you will have a premium chocolate porter to drink and to experiment with in future batches. Using an extract with grains recipe will really make for a fine beer, much better than plain extract alone.

All the best!