Celebrating the 4th

Hope all goes well today as we celebrate our nation’s Birthday!!!
Our parade in town will be visited by a couple jets flying overhead at the tail end…!
Sneezles61

1 Like

We had friends over last night for dinner and water balloon fights for the kiddoes plus traditional little ones style fireworks (sparklers and bang snaps etc), then we got to enjoy our neighborhood fireworks show, so that was a ton of fun. Tonight we’ll be going over to my parents for burgers and dogs and watch fireworks shows from their back deck. We can typically see 10-15 different shows simultaneously there.

Hope everyone has a great day and some great brews to enjoy!

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Just back home from the parade… was 58*F… rain started as the parade did… and both ended together!
Color guard was just in fancy short sleeved shirts…bet they were a bit chilly… my hat off as they went by…
Weren’t as many kids… but they scored big time!
Sneezles61

1 Like

58!?!? I am transferring two beers to keg before heading over to my parents house and it’s 88 here. :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Happy 4th to you all. Remember, if doing fireworks do so safely!

1 Like

Kinda hard to hold a schooner of brew without fingers…
Sneezles61

1 Like

The dude with the flag. Loves that band slayer

1 Like

Big day for partying on the lake for Independence day. The big party spot is directly across from us where is is shallow and sandy. Plus it is state owned land so no upset homeowners. Must have been 200 boats there. We watched from shore.

The ramp at the marina behind us is very entertaining after a day like that so we went over for some laughs. It was not funny. A boat brought in a guy “dead drunk” and you would have thought he was. Dead weight unconscious. They finally dragged him to a car and left. To an ER I hope.

Great fireworks courtesy of a neighbor but it scares our dogs. The old boy can’t hear like he used to so he was not bad. The younger one hid in the corner. We closed the blinds and turned up the TV for him and missed out on most of the fireworks.

I’m not complaining. We are lucky to have what we have and be free. I smoked a couple racks of ribs on our new smoker Sunday and we had left overs to snack on with a few beers.

3 Likes

Last night was really quiet… but pretty much figured Sunday night was the last hooray… before the peeps head home to prepare for work…
Did get to listen to a polka band for a few songs last night….
Sneezles61

I heard some events were cancelled

Duluth cancelled… to be this Friday…
Our town had a bummer showing… the fog was very thick… could hear the reports but no eye candy…
And the places that had the shootings… horrible!
Sneezles61