Carboy carriers: for buckets?

I know there are ‘carboy carrier’ straps for carboys, but do those work as well for fermenting buckets?

I have to lug mine a bit from brew-to-ferment area. I’m always leery of bucket handles and if I carry it from the bottom it’s always awkward setting it down.

I’ve seen various carboy systems, too. Since mine nicely fit in a fermenter bucket, I’ll stick to those since I have a “few”.

My carboy carrier stays on my carboy at all times, but the straps are loose enough where I don’t see any problems with it fitting a 6.5 gallon bucket. It would probably fit a 7.9 gallon bottling bucket as well.

[quote=“pointyskull”]I know there are ‘carboy carrier’ straps for carboys, but do those work as well for fermenting buckets?

I have to lug mine a bit from brew-to-ferment area. I’m always leery of bucket handles and if I carry it from the bottom it’s always awkward setting it down.[/quote]

I’m not sure what kind of terrain you have to traverse, would a dolly or a wagon help? Somewhere on a forum there were pictures of a brewer making his own custom strap modeled after the brew hauler. Seemed real easy to do.

I use milk crates to cart fermentors about.

You sir, are a genius… :cheers: