Can you sell homebrew gear here or is it not permited?

I have quite alot of things to sell can i post the items on this forum or is it not allowed?

It’s been done on occasion - I think it’s generally ok if you keep it short and sweet and take any conversations to PMs or off-line. Be sure to include your location in the post because that will be the first question.

No longer selling gear

man I wish you were nearby, I see a few things I would take off your hands. unfortuantely neither are very easy to ship I think (freezer and the o2 canisters).

Your local craigslist is a great place to advertise your gear.

Should not take more than 2 days for someone to scoop it up.

[quote=“mattbrew83”]…make an offer…im selling the whole lot together not piece by piece[/quote]I think you’ll save yourself some hassles if you at least post a ballpark figure for the lot.

Interested in a few items but apparently its the whole lot or nothing. Might be tough to sell it all in 1 transaction (unless the price isthat good) whether it’s on Craigslist, Ebay or here. Lemme know if u change your mind about piecing it out.

From active poster to quitting in a few days? Wow, what happened?

My beer quaility is just too low and im spending too much cash on the hobby and my beer is not up to par for the effort it takes to make it

My beer quaility is just too low and im spending too much cash on the hobby and my beer is not up to par for the effort it takes to make it[/quote]

Huh, all fixable things with patience. Maybe take a break and revisit the processes and recipes?

Not trying to talk you out of it if you have made up your mind

My beer quaility is just too low abut im spending too much cash on the hobby and my beer is not up to par for the effort it takes to make it[/quote]

Huh, all fixable things with patience. Maybe take a break and revisit the processes and recipes?

Not trying to talk you out of it if you have made up your mind[/quote]

Thank you for the positivity…i been brewing for over 5 years but just cant produce a winner

My beer quaility is just too low and im spending too much cash on the hobby and my beer is not up to par for the effort it takes to make it[/quote]

Not trying to talk you out of it if you have made up your mind[/quote]

Yeah I would strongly consider this advice. I mean, that’s alot of stuff, and fairly high-end. I doubt you would come close to recouping all your cash. So unless you really just want to get what you can and move on, take a break and think about returning to the hobby later.

That said, if I were anywhere near you, I would be all over it!

Any home brew clubs near to you? I’m sure they’d be glad to help you improve your beer.

Can you explain? Perhaps its a technique error, or something simple to fix. Lay out your process and let’s see if we can help before you unload all of this…

Can you explain? Perhaps its a technique error, or something simple to fix. Lay out your process and let’s see if we can help before you unload all of this…[/quote]

My process is pretty standard…and i have made good,great,epic,horrible and disgusting beer the whole spectrum of results, but 90% of the time the amount of work i put in is greater then the beer that comes out.I have brewed handfuls of s### beer and a few good ones and a couple great ones

Bummer dude. Sorry to see you go, but at the same time I understand that the hobby just doesn’t do it for everyone. Best of luck unloading your stuff.

I feel the same way from time to time. I put the cooler, boil kettle and fermenter back in the closet and don’t look at it for a while. After some time, I come back to it and try again. No sense in giving up an investment that you may want in the future.

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with leaving a hobby you no longer enjoy. Good luck on the sale of your equipment.

I’ve started and given up a ton of hobbies, biking, motorcycling, boating, model airplanes, boats, painting, etc… some of them I don’t miss, but every once in a while I’ll be itching to fly a giant scale plane or go for a motorcycle ride… once you sell your investments in the hobby it can be difficult to justify their purchase again in the future.

[quote=“mattbrew83”]7 cuft chest freezer
6 gallon plastic carboy with stopper (brand new)
6.5 gallon glass carboy
10g cooler mash tun
8 gallon ss kettle
5g ss kettle
brand new fermenting bucket
hop rocket
ss auto siphon
brand new plastic racking cane/auto siphon
barley crusher mill used twice
3 pin lock kegs with brand new perlick faucets/ss shanks and co2 tank and regulator
km14 thermometer
hydrometer
o2 kit with 2 o2 tanks
1 gallon growler
octoberfest AG kit
11lbs pilsner malt
ranco dual stage controller
bayou classic burner 50,000btu
aluminum kettle
airlocks
40ft hose
beverage line about 10 ft
tons of miscellaneous stuff
dip tube brush
and more stuff that i will just throw it

I am in nassau county long island NY …PM me if interested…i quit brewing and this stuff is just taking up space…make an offer…im selling the whole lot together not piece by piece[/quote]

Would be interested in your mill. But not willing to buy the whole lot. Let me know if you change your mind on selling ala carte.

Well i did some thinking and realized that even though im struggling with money and not producing the worlds greatest beer…It still is an activity that brings me joy and i would be a fool to quit now…So im not gonna sell this gear…apologize for wasting peoples time.

NOT A WASTE OF TIME AT ALL. Keep striving to make the best beer possible. This is a GREAT FORUM and if we can help make it better let us know. Good luck!