California late season hops

I planted Hops for the first time this season. 2 grew fine and one did not really start growing until July. The other hops produced a good deal of hops and seemed to be dying off as I would expect.
The 3rd one has really taken off now like the others did months ago. But to my surprise the other 2 plants have started growing a lot of new leaves and vines.
I am not sure if this is normal for this area. With the way the vines are sprouting again I am wondering if I will even need to cut them down since we don’t really get gig freezes here in San Jose CA.
Dose anyone have any experience or insight in growing in this region?

I’m in Santa Cruz, since this is their first year in the ground they are putting most of their work into creating their roots. I wouldn’t cut them back because they will keep producing roots and do much better this next year. They will most likely die back in a few months on their own and break ground again in spring. The past 5 years mine have been ready for harvest on Labor day.

The new knowledge that I never knew it well. I read Ee sense to get new knowledge.