c02 volume for Belgian quad

i can’t locate a definative answer for this. can someone who has successfully carbonated a quad in bottles please tell me what c02 volume is recommended?

Its not really a recognized style (at least within BJCP, and I’m not even sure its recognized in the Brewer’s Association styles, which are much more expansive), so that’s probably why you are having a tough time finding a definitive answer.

I would aim for 2.6-2.8 volumes, use an online calculator, and maybe consider a small pitch of priming yeast.

[quote=“Pietro”]Its not really a recognized style (at least within BJCP, and I’m not even sure its recognized in the Brewer’s Association styles, which are much more expansive), so that’s probably why you are having a tough time finding a definitive answer.

I would aim for 2.6-2.8 volumes, use an online calculator, and maybe consider a small pitch of priming yeast.[/quote

calculator says dubbel is 3 and a tripel is 3.3. I’m just worried about it tasting flat…i pitched the yeast for this on top of the yeast cake i had for the dubbel, should i still add some? off so, how do i go about doing such a thing…and how much is a small pitch?

I mean i would probably follow the tripel guidelines, but 3.3 is a REALLY effervescent beer (which may be what you want). Anything above 2.5 will not taste flat.

Remember with re-yeasting, the amount of yeast doesn’t really matter, other than the amount of sediment that will be in the bottles. They only have a certain amount of sugar to eat, hence the sugar priming calculator. I would just sprinkle a 1/4-1/2 pack of S-05 into the bottling bucket. Rehydrate if you want to.

thanks