Budweiser Black Crown Recipe

Has anyone discovered or does anyone know what the recipe for “Budweiser Black Crown” is? My son-in-law wants to brew this beer and I told him the brew-masters here would know if anyone would. Thanks in advance.

3 lbs. rice
3 lbs. corn
.5 lbs. 6-row
2 oz. black food coloring
2 oz. tree bark instead of hops.

[quote=“Hoppenheimer”]3 lbs. rice
3 lbs. corn
.5 lbs. 6-row
2 oz. tree bark instead of hops.[/quote]

Don’t be such a wise guy, 1 oz. of bark would be plenty. :lol:

Try here:
http://drunkrhino.com/budweiser-black-crown-clone/

:cheers:

[quote=“Hoppenheimer”]3 lbs. rice
3 lbs. corn
.5 lbs. 6-row
2 oz. tree bark instead of hops.[/quote]

that made me lol when i got to tree bark

Wow, come on guys, no one even want to give this a shot. I mean, I’m not going to do it but here is this from the website:

Budweiser Black Crown is:
6% alc./vol.
golden amber lager
it delivers a smooth and distinct flavor you’ve come to expect from the King of Beers.
Brewed with toasted caramel malt and a variety of American Hops.

So, if I had to do something (I’ve never had the beer remember) I would just take a Budweiser recipe, up it to 6% ABV, add some caramel malt too it?, and trade in the hops for American substitutes??? Maybe…

Or else I would brew a Cream Ale and make a good yellow fizzy beer.

IIRC I believe about 35% of the grist is a combination of rice and corn. I’m not sure of the ratio of the two. Maybe a pound of crystal malt in addition to the rest of your base, either 2-row or maris otter.

A “variety of american hops” could mean anything. IIRC there are 7 different hops in bud, but it’s so very lightly hopped (IBU’s about 10-14) that you could get away with adding just a little bit of any hop and it would probably do the trick. Consider 0.25oz each of Cascade, Willamette, and Spalts. These would all be early hop additions, because you don’t want any hop aroma.

So, if somebody forced me to make it, this is how I would go about it for a 5 gal batch:

7# Pale 2 Row
2# Flaked Rice
2# Flaked Corn
1# American Crystal 60L

0.25oz Willamette
0.25oz Spalts
0.25oz Cascade

This should put you at about 6.5%, but keep in mind you’ll want to water it down.

:cheers:

InBev has also been recently caught lying about their abv. So there’s that.

[quote=“inhousebrew”]Wow, come on guys, no one even want to give this a shot.

it delivers a smooth and distinct flavor you’ve come to expect from the King of Beers.[/quote]

Herin lies the problem

Haha, yeah that’s why I initially posted this:

[quote=“CliffordBrewing”]Try here:
[/quote]

Has anyone tried it? I did a scoresheet on one I got from a breakage bin for $1.50 while prepping for my tasting exam. At first it doesn’t seem terrible, decent malt (with some corn sweetness), med-light body, and pretty crisp, so didn’t seem like a terrible adjunct beer, but at the end there is the bizarre intense metallic flavor that I can’t get past.

I’d rather have a Bud…and I can’t think of the last time I’ve wanted a Bud, so there’s BC’s ranking for me :cheers:

[quote=“560sdl”][quote=“inhousebrew”]Wow, come on guys, no one even want to give this a shot.

it delivers a smooth and distinct flavor you’ve come to expect from the King of Beers.[/quote]

Herin lies the problem[/quote]

Lol, yeah, I’m not sure that sentence makes much sense. Maybe if they eliminate smooth and just left it at distinct flavor it would work.

Also wondering if the OP was looking for an extract recipe???
Just noting that you only have four posts on here which could mean you are new to brewing or that you’re just new here. Thought I’d toss it out there.

[quote=“CliffordBrewing”]Try here:

:cheers: [/quote]

I scrolled down slowly…the thought actually occurred to me that they were going to dump out the water, call that sanitizing, and then pee in the bottle and cap it.

this wont be a black crown recipe but its a tried and proven recipe he would be happy with

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/centenn ... all-42841/

[quote]7.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
0.75 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM)
0.50 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM)
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (55 min)
0.25 oz Centennial [9.50%] (35 min)
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (20 min)
0.25 oz Cascade [7.80%] (5 min)
1 Pkgs Nottingham (Danstar #-) (Hydrated)

Mash at 150 degrees for 60 minutes.[/quote]

i havent tried the black crown yet but from what i read, maybe replace the crystal 10 with crystal 40 instead or double the vienna

I actually had taste of this earlier this week and actually thought it was pretty decent. The higher gravity definitely gives it fuller body along with the crystal malt and it has a very very very slight hop aroma.

I’d hand’s down take this over regular BMC any day.