Brunwater profile for NB's bourbon barrel porter

I’m guessing brown or black balanced? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ron

I always just match the beer to the SRM chart and then what I want from the beer (hoppy, balanced, or malty). For this I would prob go with balanced but might think of malty.

Thanks, Josh. I’m such a newb to water. I don’t know how to figure SRM. I imagine I would need a program of some kind to do that. I think either black or brown will work–I don’t think there’s a lot of difference in those profiles.

:cheers:

Ron

The page on Bru’n water you input your ingredients on will actually tell you the SRM. But I would suggest using a program for recipes. There are some free ones on the web. I use Beersmith 2 and think its pretty easy to use. Its often on sale too for around $19.99.

Thanks again, Josh. Brunwater put me at about 31 srm, so I went with black balanced. My water is perfectly suited for that profile anyway. Just a little CaCl and I’m good to go. I still have a little trouble translating the grain categories, but I think I got it right. Mash will be complete in 5 minutes. Thanks again for the help.

:cheers:

Ron