BrewShuffle.com - Home brew swap website

I am looking for some people to help me test a site I built that will help home brewers facilitate home brew swapping (not wives, just home brew) and event planning. I was curious if you guys would be interested in giving me any feedback / suggestions / ideas. If not, that’s fine too, I could just use a good core group of home brewers to test out the site and give some fresh ideas of what would be most useful to a home brewer.
The site is http://brewshuffle.com
Thanks.

just posted a link about your site with my homebrew club and said you were looking for feedback.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate that very much. I’d be interested in hearing what they say! posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=106473#

[quote=“Adamrock”]Hello

Home Swap

Vacations since 1985. Homes for exchange include luxury house swaps, city apartments, beach villas… even house boat swaps. Guarantee!

Adam[/quote]

Mr. Rock…I’d rather see a wife swap ad…post reported!

I like this idea as I was just saying I wonder how I can try other beers before I brew them.

Thanks, hopefully we can get more users and that will become a common usage for the site!

I like the idea, seems a bit cluttered on the home page though. I would change it up a bit, maybe just more info about the site, and links to a search or sign up page.

New sites tend to need more explaining rather than just jumping in.

Also you might think about integrating with Facebook or other social media as a lot of people have that and it reduces the need for an additional account.

Thanks for feedback,

I thought it did a decent job at explaining the site. I admit, some of the text could be reworded or changed to help explain things better and I will look into ways to unclutter it a bit.

There is a way to tie your Twitter / Facebook account to brewshuffle if you go to http://brewshuffle.com/account/social (after you have logged in of course). At the moment it only updates your status if you perform certain operations on brewshuffle, but I am looking at other ways to tie more operations into the social accounts as the site grows. I thought because the sign up so simple (just email / password) that there wasn’t really a point to have a sign up with Facebook / Twitter. I have not completely counted it out yet. If I get enough people that are interested in it, it will be something that I implement in the future.

Thanks again for taking a look and your feedback.

That’s just one more password and username you have to remember. Also one more thing that could get hacked from a user perspective.

If I could log in immediately with my FB or Twitter account that would be cool.

Just to let you know all of the passwords are md5 encrypted in the database with a random string attached to the beginning of it. I couldn’t even tell you what the passwords are (which is how it should be).

I think this site is a great idea and would love to participate, but cannot as of now.

People need to be aware of their state’s home brew laws… As of now here in Wisconsin I am not legally allowed to give someone my home brew if I have taken it from where it was brewed.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107664&p=950415&hilit=wisconsin#p950415

Its a crappy law, but something people have to be aware of. I would hate to hear of someone getting in trouble for something as innocent as sharing their homebrew.

Nick