Brewing for the first time

I brewing for the first time I just got the small batch go pro kit since I lost my other kit in the great flood of Louisiana here is my question I forgot to put water in the airlock it been about 24 hours since I putted in the closet.

If you didn’t already, add water to the airlock. It’s very likely that nothing bad has made it into the fermenter over the last 24 hours.

2 Likes

Use spirits or stars an in the airlock to be safe

Thanks brew_cat I did use the star cleaner that come with the kit and after I add water to the airlock.

Thanks smallbatchbrewer for the help I did go and head and add the water to the airlock.

Did the Go Pro™ Small Batch Beer Brewing Kit (link) come with Easy Clean (link) which is a general purpose cleaner.

or with Star San (link) which is a no rinse sanitizer

When I got my gallon kit (as a gift) a couple of years back, it came with Easy Clean, not with Star San or PBW (link).

1 Like

It come with the easy cleaner but I had some of the star cleaner it the only thing that didn’t get ruined in the flood since I had it in a cabinet.

I agree with the spirits. That’s all I use , I’ve always got a bottle of rum or gin or something that I’m never going to drink. And if it sucks a little back in the fermenter no harm.

1 Like

Me do use. Cheap vodka. For my airlock. Why not use a blowover hose as well for the first 7 to 10 days. Of active fermenting.

1 Like

Vodka wouldn’t last at my house.

1 Like