Brewing App

So i was wondering what everyone is using for brewing apps. I currently use Ibrewmaster, i like it, thought it’s pricy, but wish it had the ability to track my various fermenting beers. Having said this, does anyone have an app they use for this?

I mainly use Brewsmith on my laptop, so don’t have much use for an app. Sometimes I use Brewzor on my Android for a quick hydrometer conversion.

I thought about Beersmith Lite, but it just doesn’t offer enough value for me.

I got a Nexus 7 for xmas and have been using a couple of free brewing apps; one called BrewR and another one called Brewzor Calculator. I’ve got a timer program too, but haven’t actually used it yet. They are okay, if you don’t mind flipping back and forth. BrewR is good for writing and storing recipes. It shows BJCP standards for the given style at the top of the page directly across from the recipe numbers, if you’re into that sort of thing.

[quote=“kcbeersnob”]I mainly use Brewsmith on my laptop, so don’t have much use for an app. Sometimes I use Brewzor on my Android for a quick hydrometer conversion.

I thought about Beersmith Lite, but it just doesn’t offer enough value for me.[/quote]
I downloaded Brewzor, but it doesn’t actually come loaded with any ingredients, for some reason. Saves space on the device, I guess, but it’s kind of useless as is.

[quote=“midmobrwr”][quote=“kcbeersnob”]I mainly use Brewsmith on my laptop, so don’t have much use for an app. Sometimes I use Brewzor on my Android for a quick hydrometer conversion.

I thought about Beersmith Lite, but it just doesn’t offer enough value for me.[/quote]
I downloaded Brewzor, but it doesn’t actually come loaded with any ingredients, for some reason. Saves space on the device, I guess, but it’s kind of useless as is.[/quote]
You have to select “Import Fermentables” under the “Database” tab.

I got one as well. Actually just got it yesterday, late xmas gift.

Wasn’t running brewR on my evo, but did put in on the nexus, it doesn’t have everything in the world. But I think it will get the trick done.

Brewtimer is also good. I need to find a way to import all my hop schedules from my phone. Love that little app.

iBrewmaster is decent, but for the money you’d think they’d let you save / bookmark favorite recipes in the app, read reviews, etc.

Seems like the info they provide should be available for free.

I use Brewer’s Friend

. I love being able to work on recipes online during downtime at work. The calculators are all excellent resources, and the developer is very responsive to issues. I have already seen a lot of improvements in the past year I’ve been using it. I didn’t hesitate to pay for a subscription once they started charging.

They also have an Android app (not sure about iPhone/iPad), although it mainly just links out to the website for recipes and such.

iBrewmaster is decent, but for the money you’d think they’d let you save / bookmark favorite recipes in the app, read reviews, etc.

Seems like the info they provide should be available for free.[/quote]

I have to disagree with you here. I bought iBrewmaster really wanting to like it… But it is one of the most unintuitive and clumsy apps I have ever used. Simple tasks in iBrewmaster are buried. Using it is a very frustrating experience.

I use BrewTimer for my brew timer, (duh!) HBC Homebrewer pal to check my water measurements. Both are free apps for my Android. I’ve downloaded and used others, like Brewzor, and brewing assistant, but didn’t like the interface or need all the features.

I use Beersmith. It’s OK, but it’s not the easiest to figure out either. I need to spend more time with it I’m sure and maybe do a little reading.

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”][quote=“midmobrwr”][quote=“kcbeersnob”]I mainly use Brewsmith on my laptop, so don’t have much use for an app. Sometimes I use Brewzor on my Android for a quick hydrometer conversion.

I downloaded Brewzor, but it doesn’t actually come loaded with any ingredients, for some reason. Saves space on the device, I guess, but it’s kind of useless as is.[/quote]
You have to select “Import Fermentables” under the “Database” tab.[/quote]
I just tried that (couldn’t do it at home - no internet). I get a message that says Ufortunately Brewzor Pro Beta has stopped. Too bad, because it looks like a good program. The Brewzor Calculator app is useful for strike water temps and such though.

[quote=“erockrph”]I use Brewer’s Friend

. I love being able to work on recipes online during downtime at work. The calculators are all excellent resources, and the developer is very responsive to issues. I have already seen a lot of improvements in the past year I’ve been using it. I didn’t hesitate to pay for a subscription once they started charging.

They also have an Android app (not sure about iPhone/iPad), although it mainly just links out to the website for recipes and such.[/quote]

Same, I’ve been quite happy with it as well.