Brewing and Football

^^^^ Bengals? We get to play them this Sunday… Just to help, they’ve been talking up the Queens and Super Bowl… That jinxed them now… To tie it to home-brew? We’ll be drinking… alot once they get snuffed out of the playoffs… Sneezles61

Looks like I fell asleep to early and missed a gem. Hopefully Ryan Shazier is alright

Initial reports are mostly positive from what I can see. Had MRI and CT scan and doesn’t appear to require surgery. Is getting some movement back in lower extremities and should be able to come back to Pittsburgh today. Man that was scary. :grimacing:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

The scary hits last night was a buzz kill for me but I’m glad the Steelers got the W! My newest NEIPA is not what I expected it to be with a huge tropical flavor. My buddy loves it, however, so it won’t go to waste. Sounds like Shazier will be fine as I hope all injured players are as well.

Shazier apparently had spinal stabilization surgery Wednesday night. That doesn’t sound good. :cry:

Rad

Talk about paying the ultimate price for a stupid rivalry. I played for 14+ years and it’s shear stupidity like this that gets players hurt. I truly feel for Shazier and bet if you asked him if the reward outweighed the cost he would have a different answer.

Likely he’ll never play again. Hopefully the medical team will be able to recover his ability to walk and do every day tasks.

Sad thing is, it was just a routine tackle he makes every game. It wasn’t late or eggregious or retaliatory or anything to do with team rivalry. Yeah there were two players suspended for shots they took later during the game (I won’t get into that debate :joy:), but I wouldn’t say Shazier was trying to clobber or punish anyone by any means. I love a good ole fashioned rivalry game vs Baltimore or Cincinnati but no one wants people to get hurt.

Rad

3 Likes

I would agree with that after watching the video more closely and repeatedly. I would say that he needed to get his head up. Sad all around.

Tomorrow may brew and watch some grudge matches Giants cowboys and Jets broncos

I think a make or break game… Vikes and Panthers… See if the Queens are up to being a good team… Sneezles61

We won’t get that game here. Should be a good one. More on the line for Carolina

We didn’t do well, tripped over our own feet… :disappointed: Sneezles61

With Wentz out it increases your prospects

It just seems sometimes they don’t tie their shoes right and… well, now you know the rest of the story… Sneezles61

My keg spit and sputtered last night just like the Patriots. Tapped a new one . Miami came to play. Cutler looks like he still has something in the tank

Too cold in Chicago for him? :smirk: Sneezles61

The refs got to be being paid off by NE

1 Like

That was an unbelievable finale’!! Maybe should have a football thread in the lounge so we don’t detract from some serious brewing adventures? Sneezles61

Typical NE bs! For how they look at catches nowadays, I do say no catch. Running that dumb play cost them the game! Hope AB can get back soon. Playoffs should be good on both sides

To make my post legit I was drinking homebrew all day. Ending killed my buzz tho

2 Likes