Brewing and Football

Didn’t get to watch much went to a retirement party and felt uncomfortable turning on the television. There was some nice local craft Brew from a recently opened brewery. A few said they liked mine better I’m not so sure. Looking forward to watching the Jets tonight see how the kid does

1 Like

I was in Portsmouth, OH which is on the banks of the OH River this past weekend. They’ve murals painted on their flood wall, one of which features the Portsmouth Spartans. I learned that those Spartans turned into the Detroit Lions and apparently were way better back then! :cry:

1 Like

This

Anyone watch the Lions get schooled last night by Darnold. Love how he spotted them 7 points

Holy cow, Portsmouth, which is about as far south as you can go and still be in Ohio, and is a fur piece from your hometown, and even a long way from Detroit. How did that connection happen(Portsmouth team to Detroit)?

edit: the population of Portsmouth Ohio is 20,422 for crying out loud, and they were the birthplace of the Detroit Lions? :astonished:

No big upsets yesterday. Didn’t watch any games had a couple TV’s on for but was busy cooking at my Oktoberfest party. Peeked in at Notre Dame a bit. I’ll make up for it today. Cleaning up now will hit the couch about one to finish the keg that didn’t get drained yesterday. Some good looking games on today. I’ll see what the brodcast God’s will put on. I never know . I know early I’ll get early I’ll have Jets/Miami later NE/JAX . Also late I’m hoping for Vikings/GB but that may be blacked out. I can never understand the blackout rules. I’m to cheap to get cable. And of course Giants/Dallas on SNF

1 Like

Vikes and Pack at noon here… So much to start putting away… I’ll have the radio on and the TV… upstairs and downstairs… Just in case it gets interesting… I’ll stop to watch a bit! Sneezles61

Two teams (Wisconsin and Auburn) in the top 10 got beat. I would call those upsets, especially BYO beating Wisconsin.

1 Like

Yes your right those are big upsets 6 & 7 go down we’ll see how much

Ok the skins and eagles lost. Gints /cowboys tonight.

1 Like

Some good games today. Maybe not execution wise but entertaining enough. Of course the browns figured out yet another way to lose. One if these games though they might just pull it off.

2 Likes

You suppose they are in the same agenda as the Vikings? …
I was amazed how they couldn’t tackle today… seems as though they are like Swiss cheese… full of holes… Then our kicker… My final thought… we didn’t loose… Sneezles61

1 Like

You want Shurmer back.

They need to do away with ties. Play until someone wins for Pete’s sake. It’s professional football.

1 Like

nope… I’d be really disappointed if we did better than usual … Sneezles61

Boy, Maholmes is the real deal. That kid’s going far. Our offense did ok, but our defense sucked as per usual. You need to play better than decent offense when your opponent is tossing 6 td passes. . .

:beers:
Rad

True story right there @radagast. Hard to enjoy good beer when you watch the Steelers play. I agree @loopie_beer ties need to go, play to the death! Kickers seem a bit off this year as well…

Wondering how much free beer will be given out in Cleveland tonight

Check out Cleveland Police tweet.

2 Likes

Congratulations Cleveland

1 Like