Boulevard Tank 7?

I have been loving Boulevard’s Tank 7. Anyone know of a clone or similar recipe?

Thanks!
-Mike

I believe some of the flavor comes from a tank at Boulevard that kept producing some off tasting batches so it might be hard to get exact but I would be very interested in seeing a clone recipe if there is one out there.

Here is the info from Boulevard.
They provide a lot of detail in here so I think it could be quite possible to make something very similar.

Tank 7 Farm House Ale
Style: Saison/Farmhouse Ale
Availability: Year-round, Draught and both 750 mL and 4-Pack Bottles
Most breweries have at least one piece of equipment that’s just a bit persnickity. Here at Boulevard we have fermenter number seven, the black sheep of our cellar family. Ironically, when our brewers were experimenting with variations on a traditional Belgian-style farmhouse ale, the perfect combination of elements came together in that very vessel. You could call it fate, but they called it Tank 7, and so it is. Beginning with a big surge of fruity aromatics and grapefruit-hoppy notes, the flavor of this complex, straw-colored ale tapers off to a peppery, dry finish.

Color (EBC) 12
Bitterness (IBUs) 38
Original Gravity (Plato) 17.3
Terminal Gravity (Plato) 2.5
Alcohol (ABV) 8%
CO2 - Bottles: 3.5 vol. (7.0 g/L)
CO2 - Kegs: 2.6 vol. (5.1 g/L)

Ingredients:

Malts:
Corn flakes
Malted wheat
Pale malt
Wheat

Hops:
Amarillo
Simcoe
Tradition

Sensory Profile:
A straw colored, light to medium bodied beer with an earthy, spicy, grapefruit aroma and flavor, a soft, sweet malt flavor and a prominent hop bitterness.

Aroma: Floral, citrusy hops, Belgian yeast esters
Malt: Soft, light, sweet flavor
Hops: Prominent hop bitterness and citrusy, grapefruit, peppery flavor
Balance Hops
Body: Light/medium to medium

Anyone, anyone, Bueller, anyone…

Actually they may just give you the recipe if you e-mail them. They’re pretty cool like that. Every time I’ve contacted the brewery through their website, I’ve gotten responses back very promptly from a person with a real e-mail address. They would likely pass your question to a brewer who will respond personally.

I didn’t have good luck with contacting Boulevard with questions about their Dark Truth quite a while back. Didn’t even get a response to either of my two e-mails. :roll:

Below is an American Saison recipe that I have brewed. I am sure that it is a recipe I found somewhere online (or modified from an online recipe) but I don’t recall the source. I personally loved this beer and plan on making it again. I didn’t do a side by side comparison before the keg was gone, but it was similar.

Malt:
10 lb Pale 2 row
3.75 lb Wheat
1 lb flaked corn
0.5 lb flaked wheat

Hops:
0.5 oz CTZ (60 min)
0.5 oz Simcoe (20 min)
1 oz each Centennial (5 min)
Dry Hop: 1oz Amarillo (7 days)

Yeast:
American Farmhouse Blend (White Labs #WLP670)

Mash:
Single infusion, 149F for 90 minutes

Fermentation:
Keep at 65F for 1 week, then 75F for 3 weeks (dry hops were added directly to the primary for the last week)

Target OG:1.072
It finished around 1.011

I have heard from another source that this is the best yeast to use for a Tank 7 clone. It is a fantastic blend, but I would advise leaving it alone for a while for the Brett to work it’s magic.

I wish I would have had a bit more patience but I was worried about losing hop aroma… And I wanted to drink it!