Bottling From Keg

I want to bottle a six pack of my IPA from the keg. It’s all carbonated already. Beside sanitizing, is there I need to do to do this?

I used this with the top inside the picnic tap, the other end in the beer bottle. I had to slightly sand the top to make it fit. http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/ferm … iller.html

Chill the bottles in the freezer for 1-2 hours, I also sanitize the caps and place them on top of the bottle to keep the air out. Don’t seal the caps for now, just place on top.

Once the bottles are chilled I reduce the keg pressure to 4-5 lbs and vent the keg. Immediately fill the bottles.

The low pressure and chilled temps help reduce foaming and it will still flow into the bottle.

You will lose a little bit of beer as it overflows while filling, cap immediately then bring your keg pressure back up.

I just upgraded my taps this year to Perlick’s and they have flow control so I don’t have to mess with keg depressurizing anymore which is really nice. The simplest way to do it can be observed here:

Bottle filling demonstration by Mullerbrau

works like a charm and requires no additional equipment.

:cheers:
Rad

[quote=“Radagast”]I just upgraded my taps this year to Perlick’s and they have flow control so I don’t have to mess with keg depressurizing anymore which is really nice. The simplest way to do it can be observed here:

Bottle filling demonstration by Mullerbrau

works like a charm and requires no additional equipment.

:cheers:
Rad[/quote]

Pretty much the same way I bottle, only I slip a piece of sanitized tubing over the tap that reaches to the bottom of the bottle. That way, I’m able to minimize any potential decarbonation/oxidation issues by filling from the bottom up. Maybe it makes a difference…maybe it doesn’t…

Released the pressure and then turned back up to 4psi. Didn’t chill the bottles but worked well anyways. Thanks for the replies.